• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Chrome film

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Gerber Edge, Summa DC series, most eco solvents & UV.
We print with either Roland EcoSol or Océ UV inks on R-Tape smooth silver (chrome) with 3M 8518 laminate.

Just do decals. I have a Mimaki JV3 and looking to see if its possible. I cant find anything... Lots of potential work. Would maybe get a newer machine if costs work out.

mmblarg

We use a Gerber Edge FX - can either print on a 15 inch roll of chrome vinyl, or print chrome as a color. Be prepared for getting creative to work around limitations though - both in size and in colors

MikePro

if you're having issues with ink limits while printing on chrome vinyl with your JV3, then maybe print on clear vinyl and laminate onto the chrome.

Chrome vinyl itself doesn't boast the greatest outdoor durability BUT, by the time you laminate your clear, you've got two layers of vinyl over the chrome that would actually increase the outdoor durability.

ExecuPrintGS

if you're having issues with ink limits while printing on chrome vinyl with your JV3, then maybe print on clear vinyl and laminate onto the chrome.

Chrome vinyl itself doesn't boast the greatest outdoor durability BUT, by the time you laminate your clear, you've got two layers of vinyl over the chrome that would actually increase the outdoor durability.

This... We can print direct to chrome with our HPL360 but we often print on laminate and laminate it to the chrome, then laminate it again... so 2 layers of lam on the chrome.

31legen

I have printed on chrome with great success on my Mimaki running ss21 inks. I laminated afterwards and cut. The only issue I found was if you didn't apply it soon it wanted to curl on the edges.