• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing On Coroplast Possible?

yasmine

Hello all,

I'm a newbie when it comes to sign making although I know some basics. Due to some internal issues, I'm the only one left in the company that is doing it all.

Right now, I have to quote someone on yard signs but I've got no idea how to make them other than using vinyl, which will get time consuming and expensive.

Apparently the guy before me made them on the Epson (Stylus Pro GS6000). I have a vague idea how. I moved the print head height to it's highest point but when placing a sample piece of coroplast into it, the printer doesn't recognize that anything is loaded. I also need to keep the cover closed to have the printer register anything. This is an issue because the coroplast obviously won't bend down. The rollers are able to move the coroplast back and forth when the printer is looking for paper...

So now what? Can anyone help a poor girl out? We can't screen print them and we don't have a flat bed printer (I believe that's what it's called).

Thanks in advance!

yasmine

That's what I thought. I was very doubtful that we actually printed them on the Epson. I was also under the belief that for more than a couple signs, it's better to outsource the work to another company. If I'm the only one here, it's going to take me a while to cut the coroplast, cut and apply the vinyl.

Thanks for not flaming me for being a newbie!

Malkin

Print on adhesive vinyl, then stick to the coroplast. That machine is not designed for direct-to-substrate printing, you are risking quite a lot of $$ damage.

Or you could outsource them to someone with a flatbed printer and just mark them up and be done with it.

Circleville Signs

If you are looking to outsource, most places are only cost effective if you are doing 10+ pieces. Insignia Signs is a merchant member here and they do great work.

yasmine

Yeah, the client wants 100 signs, so I think my best bet will be to outsource. I'll look into Insignia Signs.

I'm located around Columbus Ohio so are there any other recommendations for good places to outsource?

rubo

Or have the signs silk-screened - you can even save $$ by printing the film yourself - assuming it's a simple spot color job. A lot cheaper than flatbed printing.

LoL what a mental picture...poor girl trying to jam a coro board into an (expensive) solvent printer...then on top of it all having 100 signs to do..

Outsource quick! Insignia does good work.

You could certainly do that many in house if you ran 10 up on 54 in material..then used a laminator to apply to boards...but learn that skill on a small order..

Good luck! and Welcome from KY

We will help you and we won't hate too much..