• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Dry Erase Boards

Signout

I have a customer that wants several 4' x 6' dry erase boards, He has been supplying them and we have been just putting vinyl on them, but to produce say 10 or more I would like to direct print onto the substrate and then add a nice aluminum frame with a tray for the markers - does anyone know of a supplier that offers a KIT or hardware that we could make our own?
Thanks for any info you may have.

CreatedDesigns

Most companies want their Logo printed on and some grid lines and or days for project tracking. Not really sure what the dry erase comment by Gino is all about.
The ones I have seen look like 3mm ACM with a lam. I'm sure one of the extrusion places might be able to help more. Or our good friend Google should shed some light on this.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We print on vinyl, laminate with GF dry erase, and mount to PVC, dibond, whatever customer wants.
I think the comment before was because it sounded like you wanted to maybe flatbed on to pre-made sheets of dry erase...which would not work, more than lilkely.

danno

I have direct printed to a dry erase board with minimal problems. We have a HP FB700. I have found it easier to print to a roll substrate and use a dry erase over laminate, then mount to a board. I gives a smoother finish

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Off topic a bit here, but we had some permanent marker lines on one of our dry erase boards here. We learned that if you draw over the permanent marker (Sharpie) with a dry erase marker, you can erase the whole thing. Kind of interesting how the inks react with each other...

Signout

Dry Erase Laminate

Okay, so, it sounds like the best solution is to print onto a substrate, then laminate with a dry erase laminate - which laminate should I use?

Pete Moss

We requested a sample of Vandal Guard. After keeping a dry erase mark on it for over a week it erases with zero ghosting.

synergy_jim

Damn, that's not what I wanted to hear. Good to know I guess. We just got an order for a bunch of big porcelain backed (magnetic receptive) dry erase boards that I was counting on printing on.

I guess I could print to it then add a dry-erase laminate....just adds another step. :cool:

the lam works great over porcelain. We do it a lot.

Turnergraphics

I have 100 boards to quote that needs to be printed and erasable. I have uv fb500 and eco solve Mutoh. Did you figure out how to do this uv with a laminate that will work?