• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing on HP Latex 360 using One Way Vision perforated vinyl

I keep getting these streaks every time I print on perforated vinyl. No matter what profile I use I just seems like it gets worse. See pictures.

Attachments

• 20190129_192434_001.jpg
    20190129_192434_001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,417
  • Vacation samsung 003.jpg
    Vacation samsung 003.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 944
  • Vacation samsung 005.jpg
    Vacation samsung 005.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 981

Dan360

Vacuum should help

When you load the perf, lift the blue lever after you load it so it relaxes flat, lower and then forward so you can see the material coming out in the front. May need to attach to the takeup if it continues.

Master Graphics

Vacuum should help

When you load the perf, lift the blue lever after you load it so it relaxes flat, lower and then forward so you can see the material coming out in the front. May need to attach to the takeup if it continues.

This should be common practice on these printers. Seems to bunch up in the middle really easy. Also the other day ours started jamming more than usual and I found the profile (magically)had the heat set the whole way up.

waximoff

We had this happen on our 560. After 5 weeks of HP support and 3 visits from techs, they said it must have been a bad batch of perf. Then is started happening on our photo paper ,as well as, damaging our smooth banner for retractables. HP finally sent a level 3 tech out and he spent 2 weeks basically replacing everything but the chasis.. Still couldn't stop the material from wrinkling and getting damaged.
If we set the heat low enough, interpass delay all the way up, and ran higher than 12 pass with like an 80% saturation, we could get a washed out print not suitable to sell. It also took forever to get a print done that way, no way fast enough to do a long run of stuff.
Yesterday, HP finally agreed to buy back the printer. It's great that they stood behind their product and tried, but good riddance.

I know the 560 is different from the 360, but the vacuum wasn't the issue for us. Lifting the blue lever to relax the media is a good start for sure but make sure your heaters are all running the same temp, I guess they can get out of sync.

Are you sure these are head strikes. Looks like the material might be hitting the heater on it's way out. Easy way to tell. Can you see the streaks in the print as they are being printed through the window? Or does this happen after it comes out from under the heater. These materials can buckle under the heater and with the sharp angle of the exit it causes the material to bow and hit the heaters.

waximoff

They def look like strikes. When it hits the heater, the damage is a mess of smeared ink usually, not a pattern like these. The second pic shows the parallel lines pretty well.

bannertime

I know it's probably impossible to tell, but it honestly looks like Briteline 65/35. Which we experience this same issue. I either babysit it for the first few minutes or I run it out the front and clamp it until I get it to the take up roll.

Thank you all. Yes, I managed to fix the issue so far. The vacuum holes were dirty AF! lol. I cleaned it really well and increased the vacuum.

Bangdes

I keep getting these streaks every time I print on perforated vinyl. No matter what profile I use I just seems like it gets worse. See pictures.
I have had the same your problems with oneway vision perforated film, my printer is new latex 364 and i am new too, please help me how to fix?

Bangdes

I have had the same problem, please helping me.

Attachments

• 4966080B-A62F-4EC4-BD62-9724DA2CA56E.jpeg
    4966080B-A62F-4EC4-BD62-9724DA2CA56E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 629

dedumihail

have some one find a solution to print in good condition One Way Vision Perforated?. i use vaccum at 65 and temp at 95 but the ink it not good as dry