• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Lam

CP Signs

Sorry if this is a repeat,,,I searched and couldn't find anything specific to my printer. I am just wondering if the Mutoh ValueJet 1204 is able to print on matte laminate?

Thanks

CP Signs

Thanks,,,just tried it,,,came out nice,,,,it's just weird to laminate the laminate,,,lol.
Thanks again

petesign

Double strike your prints. You can also laminate your laminate with clear adhesive white vinyl to make graphics that go on the inside of windows.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I might.............

Why do you want to print to laminate ?? Aren't there many clear digital medias out there specifically for this reason from which to choose for the proper substrate and application, instead of cutting corners ??

rjssigns

If I might.............

Why do you want to print to laminate ?? Aren't there many clear digital medias out there specifically for this reason from which to choose for the proper substrate and application, instead of cutting corners ??

Good question. The lam we print is for temporary i.d. on a fishing lure. Maybe a couple dozen a year. Client doesn't need longevity. Upshot is we don't have to stock a material we rarely use.

CP Signs

Ran out of clear, it was just for a one time thing. Customer wanted on the spot. It worked, he's happy, I'm happy, everybody is happy,,,lol.
Thanks again

Edna

what if you only have a small sticker to print and you never get a call for thoes types, then I can see not having to purchase a $400 roll of cleer to make just one sticker

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good answer, I just wondered why. We've done the same ourselves on a variety of things and made things work, that shouldn't work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good Grief..... who rattled your chain, Edna ?? Besides, I thought you were dead.

CP Signs

EDNA!!!!!!! She's ALIVE!!!!! Not sure if I should be happy my post brought her back or if I should apologize to this community?!?!?!?!?!?

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Also - for a cool *** effect, try printing single strike on lam, and then applying to brushed or patterned aluminum - metallic ink analog with a nice texture. Can also be used to create (kinda) color matched brushed aluminum logos/text.

idsignsil

What kind of profile are you guys using to print onto the lam? I have never done it before, but I am getting ready to and I think I am going to start with Versaworks Clear Calendered Vinyl......any thoughts?

MikePro

just printed on some clear Oracal calendared matte, and laminated with Arlon calendared suede. both overlams.
cost of materials: the time it took for me to NOT throw them away a few weeks back, when cut off other short runs. my friends love my freebies, and I love free beer.