• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing On Magnet - Hpl360

Good morning, I am new to the forum. I joined because I could not find anyone else with experience in this matter. I am having difficulties printing on magnetic substrate. (Digimag Magnetic print material on roll)

My issues are:

• The heat deforms and softens the magnet material

• The deformity allows it to get stuck and jam up in the heat curing area (Even using the soft carpeted platen, I have to manually pull on the magnet so it doesnt get stuck)

• The ink density is already down to 60% and it does not cure

So my dilema is, to cure the ink I have to raise the heat, which deforms the magnet too much and gets jammed up or way too soft.

Has anyone had any luck printing on magnetic material with heat cure?

Thanks in advance!!

-Jay

Garrett Printing

Evansville, IN

ExecuPrintGS

What pass count are you running at?

If you have to lower the heat to avoid the material deforming i would go with a higher pass count so the material is under the heat longer, test that and see if that helps. If you are already at a higher pass not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

What pass count are you running at?

If you have to lower the heat to avoid the material deforming i would go with a higher pass count so the material is under the heat longer, test that and see if that helps. If you are already at a higher pass not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

Thanks for your immediate response. I am usually at 10pass and the interpass delay does slow it down a lot, but the ink still does not cure. I did try with 6pass just to limit the amount of ink on the magnet, but it still does not cure unless I hit it with a heat gun and let it set for a few days.

dypinc

I will check my settings next time I fire up the printer but I print on DigiMag all the time. I thinking I use 20 pass I can get 120% ink density. Not real sure about the temps though maybe 85 to 95.

danno

We print magnet on our L26500. We are currently running in a 10 pass mode with 130°/230° F. We have had some issues with warpage/headstrikes on .020" magnet. We have found that .015" magnet works better for us. Also, we have to use a weaker non vehicle type of magnet to avoid stepping issues.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It's easier to print adhesive vinyl and mount to your magnet. If you mess up it gets expensive throwing away all the magnet. You can also get adhesive magnet and just mount banner to the adhesive.