• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on mesh

PaPrinter

Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to print on mesh with a flatbed? Thinking it can't be done well, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have a one off to do it should work fine but make sure your mesh has a liner. No liner means a lot of mess to clean up and the vacuum won't be able to pull the material down which may cause head strikes. If you have a lot of mesh to do and your flatbed isn't a hybrid roll to roll machine, I would sub it out as the cost of your time loading the machine properly will probably be much more than having someone else do it who has the right equipment.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
How would you do it 2 sides? I didn't realize they sold it with a liner. Make printing it a lot easier. But how 2 sided?
Ofcourse it will cost you more to print without liner.. we do mostly custom work therefore extra cost will be included. Here is the trick... use double sided mounting film to hold the mesh from bulging up...this will last for a few prints until it fully covered by ink and not sticking anymore...
Oh for double sided mesh.. you have to use use blockout mesh..not the regular mesh that light can shown throu.
Hope this would help.

shoresigns

Ofcourse it will cost you more to print without liner.. we do mostly custom work therefore extra cost will be included. Here is the trick... use double sided mounting film to hold the mesh from bulging up...this will last for a few prints until it fully covered by ink and not sticking anymore...
Oh for double sided mesh.. you have to use use blockout mesh..not the regular mesh that light can shown throu.
Hope this would help.

If mesh has holes and blockout blocks light, then what exactly is blockout mesh?

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
If mesh has holes and blockout blocks light, then what exactly is blockout mesh?
Why do you need blockout banner material for? Same principle... To be able to print different image on each side of material without seeing the ghost image on the other side when viewing against a strong light source.