• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Oracal 970 RA

rjssigns

Nope. But I assume it will be like printing on regular silver metallic. Meaning you will get a "candy" paint type effect since the inks are not fully opaque. Not sure if it will take ink that well since it is not intended for that. Plus you will have to laminate afterwards.

HulkSmash

has anyone tried printing with any sucess on 970 RA Silver Grey metalic?

You shouldn't have any issue with it. I havn't done it on that specific material, but i have on others very similar. It's a bit thicker than their original wrap vinyl, so it should feed through nicely. If you don't do enough passes, the print might look a bit translucent.. keep that in mind.

mudmedia

Colorado have you had a problem with 3751RA feeding through nicely through the printer?

Reason ask you mentioned that 970 is thicker I am not sure why but every roll grabs the head within the first 5-10 feet. I am not sure if it is because the sides have a little wrinkle in it or not but it doesn't take much for it to come up.

Never had any issues with 180 or even 3165RA just kind of curious if I am the only one with that issue of it buckling on the ends.

HulkSmash

Colorado have you had a problem with 3751RA feeding through nicely through the printer?

Reason ask you mentioned that 970 is thicker I am not sure why but every roll grabs the head within the first 5-10 feet. I am not sure if it is because the sides have a little wrinkle in it or not but it doesn't take much for it to come up.

Never had any issues with 180 or even 3165RA just kind of curious if I am the only one with that issue of it buckling on the ends.

no, their color'd wrap vinyl is a bit thicker, not their white printable vinyl.

mudmedia

yeah understood just trying to find out the reason for the head striking the 3751 on the ends of the rolls.

Not sure if it is because my suppliers damage them handling them or if its just a thin material with thin backing so it lifts easier.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
yeah understood just trying to find out the reason for the head striking the 3751 on the ends of the rolls.

Not sure if it is because my suppliers damage them handling them or if its just a thin material with thin backing so it lifts easier.

I have an issue sometimes with loading 3751 and on occasion have to use the sled attachment HP provides. The vinyl rolls up on the rollers and gets jammed. I sometimes can't get it through even with the blue lever up.

mudmedia

I have an issue sometimes with loading 3751 and on occasion have to use the sled attachment HP provides. The vinyl rolls up on the rollers and gets jammed. I sometimes can't get it through even with the blue lever up.

glad I am not the only one. It doesnt seem to do it after 10 ft or so I tried comparing it to the 180 backing paper and it does seem a lot thinner so it probably doesnt take much to buckle the edges just in shipping.

JoshLoring

End of the rolls are taped to the core unlike 3165ra. You gotta be there or the core lifts and could jam...

Richard G

Thanks for the response all. I am going to talk with the customer on Monday and see if he wants to go with it.