• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on reflective vinyl with non-transparent foil. Yes? No? Maybe?

RG

I have a few small print jobs for reflective vinyl and would rather not buy transparent foil. Just wondering if anyone here has successfully used non-transparent foil with an Edge printer to print on white Oralite 5700 reflective vinyl? I an using intense red and bright blue. I did a little test print and to me it looks OK at night, but I've been wrong before. Also, is the white Oralite 5700 vinyl inkjet printable? Either way, I plan to laminate the decals. Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
You can print any foil onto any vinyl that will run through it. Some foils are semi-translucent an will allow reflectivity and others wont.

• Agree
Reactions: RG

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can

You loose light reflection debending on the opacity of the foil. if you had transparent foil the color will shift given the white point of reflective vinyl

Billct2

As the others said Yes, I've done it many times, but if you are looking for the same effect as Transparent foils it will vary greatly with the color and never have quite the same look at night

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Unless you don't stock them use your transparent CMYK foils, no need to purchase transparent spot colors...