• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Outlines on the bed of a Flatbed Printer

Lilukey1

I have the JFX200-2513. Im trying to find a way to print outlines on my bed without having to print directly on my bed. I need the vacuum to hold down my substrate. Printing outlines on my bed is clogging up the vacuum holes which then takes a while to unclog. Any recommendations?

StarSign

Thin pattern paper works, cover the table print the pattern the paper is thing enough for their to still form a vacuum to hold down your material.

Lilukey1

Thin pattern paper works, cover the table print the pattern the paper is thing enough for their to still form a vacuum to hold down your material.
I've tried using paper it tends to raise up higher than the substrate in some parts. The head then ends up rubbing the paper.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We print outlines all the time on ours. A few clogged holes should not affect the vacuum pressure. Add scrap material of a thinkness around your print job. This will help the vacuum pressure for smaller objects.

We clean our table with a sharp single edge razor blade and the head cleaner. If needed we poke out the holes with a dental pick.

Razor blade does not scratch the table btw if done right

Just putting it out there. To each his own how they want to do things

Lilukey1

We print outlines all the time on ours. A few clogged holes should not affect the vacuum pressure. Add scrap material of a thinkness around your print job. This will help the vacuum pressure for smaller objects.

We clean our table with a sharp single edge razor blade and the head cleaner. If needed we poke out the holes with a dental pick.

Razor blade does not scratch the table btw if done right

Just putting it out there. To each his own how they want to do things

Thank You great information.

L.D

I have the JFX200-2513. Im trying to find a way to print outlines on my bed without having to print directly on my bed. I need the vacuum to hold down my substrate. Printing outlines on my bed is clogging up the vacuum holes which then takes a while to unclog. Any recommendations?

I have a customer that uses clear application tape. They lay the tape down, print outlines on it and then cut the outlines out with a exacto knife. Seems to work pretty well.

Ukeyone

I have a customer that uses clear application tape. They lay the tape down, print outlines on it and then cut the outlines out with a exacto knife. Seems to work pretty well.
Thanks

The ADA Guy

We lay transfer tape down when we need paper jigs. It works really well and you can use it many times before replacing.