• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing pens, What options are they?

J

john1

Went to the NBM show today and seen a machine you can buy that does pens, koozies, letter openers etc from http://www.imprintor.com

Anyone have any experience with this company's machine or know a better solution for doing mainly pens in house?

Nobody in my area does pens in house so i am trying to get this going.

Thanks!

Farmboy

Get some samples from some companies that print just pens, there's hundreds of them out there. Show them to your customers and see if there's even an interest first. Then order from someone who's set up to do it. One reason I would recommend going this route is because there's hundreds of different pens out there. Your going to have to buy a case of whatever style the customer wants, even if all they want is a few hundred. Also, how much can you make off these, how long would it take you to print a few hundred pens one at a time at about a .$10 profit each if that. Sorry, I kinda got off topic. I've seen this machine at the state fair and I thought it looked like a hobby quality machine at best.

Locals Find!

+ 1 for Hub pen

I prefer Shepenco though. They have been around over 50 years. Great reputation. Shepenco is my #1 source for pens & pencils. Pricing, Quality, Customer Service. Is second to none. They even make less than catalog qualities and let you gang orders together to get volume discounts.

If your on distributorcentral or ASI you can find their contact info. PM me if you can't find it.

They will even give you a really nice sample portfolio filled with pens and pencils to show off to your clients.

CentralSigns

Someone told me they had one and it was a pain. Every 3rd pen didn't print right. As well the stock they sell you through their site, most don't write. the ink is dry or the ones that do write only do for a short time. They sold there machine for 1/2 what they paid 3 months latter

LSSigns

We used it for one run of stress balls, and it was enough to never bother with it again. It's a dust collector. The time/energy/money you put into it is better spent hiring someone else! It's a shame, because the idea is awesome!