• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Problem

yamaha581

I have a problem with our edge every once in awhile and I am guessing it is somehow related to the file because I have to completely reset up the print file to make things work but it is starting to be a pain so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. It will print a certain amount of colors then halfway through a random color it will make a noise and keep printing then make a noise again and when it goes to come back to the beginning it just spins as you can see in the pictures it rips the edges off the vinyl and the foil is ripped. Sometimes when it makes the noise while printing it will print a small line across the vinyl. Has anyone had this happen before?

Attachments

• edge1.png
    edge1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 198
  • edge2.png
    edge2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 199

FunkotronXL

Do you have an image of the line that prints? Also what material setting are you using? Your material looks like a vinyl

Joe House

Do you get this when printing on Gerber materials? Are you using Gerber foils? I know it sounds like a Gerber distributor looking for a quick buck, but using their foils with their vinyl and the appropriate settings in quickplot will help you determine if this is a machine problem or a media problem. Try running a roll of Gerber vinyl for a while and see if you still have problems. If you're running the cheapest vinyl you can find with the cheapest foils, I wouldn't expect premium results.