• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing 'red' in ColoRip, and Roland SP300

EternalAudio

Using Flexi to design and set colors, then exporting to .eps, opening in colorip and printing with the Roland SP300....

CMYK 0,100,100,0

Using the Roland ECOSOL Max ink, its not giving me what I would consider.. Red. It looks more reddish orange. Customers have also thought that the red is turning out too orange for them.

Any thoughts on how to get a nicer "true" red?

Thanks for any help!

As far as media, I am using Oracal 651 white.
As far as .icc I am using Eco-SOL MAX HT/GCVP Glossy Cal Vinyl (ESM)_us2

chopper

you will never get a true red out of a cmyk machine it will always be on the orange side, since I switched to triangle ink I get better reds, but not true reds
at least with the rolands this is true...
//chopper

visualeyez

Off the top of my head I use Pantone 711c from Illy and it gives me a killer red. CMYK might work out to C=0, M=100, Y=80, K=2 depending on too many factors.
Try a high speed print with overprint x2.
Or even better, return to origin after print, and reprint.
You can get great reds with a little patience and not worrying about ink use.

Bly

Try printing 0, 100, 100, 0 with ICCs turned off.
Max inks should give good red.

DRamm76

Which software program are you using to design the image? Are you using the swatches from the Roland Color Library? It could just be the way the file is created or the spot colors you are using. Many people think it's the machine, but I've had a lot of success getting that true "coca cola" red that everyone seems to be looking for.

If you're using the correct color library and not something generic and your machine and monitor are both calibrated properly, there is no reason what you see on the screen isnt the same as what is on the print. PM me with any questions.

sdwnymph

I've got an SP300V myself and had that prob -I use the MAX ink also and found out if you dont have the settings on the printer set to max instead of the other (cant remember name) it will print wrong. I'd check your manual or call Roland (they have free manuals on their ftp site) and have them help you make sure your set to Max ink.

LittleSnakey

Try RGB R=167 G=25 B=48
works great for me with a vp540

Using Flexi to design and set colors, then exporting to .eps, opening in colorip and printing with the Roland SP300....

CMYK 0,100,100,0

Using the Roland ECOSOL Max ink, its not giving me what I would consider.. Red. It looks more reddish orange. Customers have also thought that the red is turning out too orange for them.

Any thoughts on how to get a nicer "true" red?

Thanks for any help!

As far as media, I am using Oracal 651 white.
As far as .icc I am using Eco-SOL MAX HT/GCVP Glossy Cal Vinyl (ESM)_us2

Rooster

100M 85Y is what I've used over the years in the offset world to produce a more vibrant red rather than the orange looking reds that come from 100M100Y.