• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing RED on the HP

dakotasignwerks

Does any body out there have a good solid RED in CMYK that the HP Latex will print without being orange? I've tried several variations, and still just get something that resembles red, but is very orange. Using CorlDraw and Flexi HP for output. Thanks in advance

Bly

We get good reds on our 360s.
Weak reds usually mean your ink limit is too low.

dypinc

The easiest thing is to just create a new output profile. And, like Bly said make sure your ink density is high enough. I would start with 120%, and make sure your optimizer is set in your media preset to between 8 and 12.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have a few custom reds in my everyday color swatch. My main go to red is 10-100-85-10.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We seem to get the best reds we profiling without lc lm. The gain and grain is increasingly present but for solid color work its far more accurate and controllable.

Santimus

I made a new profile on mine with all ICC off and no color curve corrections. Ink limit at max. This prints pure color as seen on screen without the rip messing with it and I get some pretty nice reds. Still can't hit some pantones but its pretty close. This only works for vector though! BTW I'm using wasatch

AF

Here is a side by side comparison of a generic HP profile compared with a custom profile. Both used the same linearization. Ink limits and splits are per profile. Notice the orange looking red and lavender looking blue in the top generic profile. Lesson to be taken away is that you will be better served creating your own profiles.

Attachments

• B79D126A-6D3E-410E-9AA8-AB4ED6404389.jpeg
    B79D126A-6D3E-410E-9AA8-AB4ED6404389.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 550

AKwrapguy

Does any body out there have a good solid RED in CMYK that the HP Latex will print without being orange? I've tried several variations, and still just get something that resembles red, but is very orange. Using CorlDraw and Flexi HP for output. Thanks in advance

Why not use spot colors and use the color mapping function in Flexi to dial it in?

RobMerkel

We just bought a HP Latex 365 and I was struggling with the same problem, seems if you change the rendering intent in the advanced options of the colour management tab (in Flexi) to saturation rather than perceptual and use higher pass values it really helps deepen the reds. It's a bit of a brute force fix because it changes all the other colours as well but it works on both vector and raster files.