• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Printing Scrim banner material on roland XR640

KaranGrewal

Hi I m having issues with printing 50' W x 5' H scrim banner on roland xr640 , using two side pinch rollers to pull media, if I use more then side rollers its creating pinch roller marks on print. seems like two side pinch rollers are not enough to pull media ahead as its buckling up in center.
Any tips how can i solve this issue. Thank you.

Joe House

Looks rather cool up there. What is the humidity in your shop? It sounds like you may have a static problem where the wheel tracks are either attracting or repelling the ink. there is a ground strap under the cover that goes from the frame to the pinch wheel lever that will help (somewhat) overcome this by grounding the pinch wheel system and allow you to use more pinch wheels.
Alternately, you can try turning down the print and preheat to reduce the expansion of the banner material as it goes into the printer. Also, along this line is to make sure that your banner material is already up to a comfortable room temperature before printing - as opposed to bringing it from a colder storage area or right off the delivery truck.
Finally, I would attach the banner material to the take-up reel before starting to print. This gives you the best chance of making sure that it is aligned properly. Likewise, make sure that the media is loaded in straight and that the supply roll is not telescoped out at all.

KaranGrewal

Looks rather cool up there. What is the humidity in your shop? It sounds like you may have a static problem where the wheel tracks are either attracting or repelling the ink. there is a ground strap under the cover that goes from the frame to the pinch wheel lever that will help (somewhat) overcome this by grounding the pinch wheel system and allow you to use more pinch wheels.
Alternately, you can try turning down the print and preheat to reduce the expansion of the banner material as it goes into the printer. Also, along this line is to make sure that your banner material is already up to a comfortable room temperature before printing - as opposed to bringing it from a colder storage area or right off the delivery truck.
Finally, I would attach the banner material to the take-up reel before starting to print. This gives you the best chance of making sure that it is aligned properly. Likewise, make sure that the media is loaded in straight and that the supply roll is not telescoped out at all.

Thank you so much Joe, I will try this .. and let you know abt the outcome.

petepaz

also try unrolling the banner material so there is slack. sometimes because of the weight of the material or the static as it unrolls it has a tougher time pulling it through. the slack gives less stress as it pulls through

KaranGrewal

Banner printed out nicely.. except bit of banding..Please advice if I need to do media feed calibration when using Take up system.