Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing substrates

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by WestbankKurt, Jun 14, 2012.

1. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I am printing on a CJV30-160 and am wondering if anyone out there has heard of being able to feed a 18x24 coroplast yard sign through it for printing. I've been told thats how the guy before me printed the yard signs but I have not found anything in the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tags:
  2. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    no, that's not how they did it.

3. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Well I do understand that it could be done on a flat bed printer is that what you are suggesting?

4. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Not how it's done with a solvent printer. Print on vinyl, apply that to the sign blank. To print direct to them you need a flatbed UV printer.

5. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Yes I know the process you speak of and have done that in the past. We have a brand new HP, its huge and maybe takes a ten or eleven foot roll, and I was told it could handle a piece of coroplast. Do you know anything about that?
    Thank you.

6. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    What model HP?

What is the model number of the HP?

7. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hold on, at the beginning of this thread it was a CJV30-160 (mimaki), now its a "huge HP".

Fishy?