• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing two sets of cutter registration marks in Onyx

Tusky

I have a roll of 54” adhesive vinyl loaded in my HP L26500. My Roland cutter is a GX-24 and can only cut a maximum of 24”. Is there a way to print graphics side by side with two sets of cutter registration marks? I’d like to be able to cut down on waste by manually cutting the big sheet down the middle so that each set of stickers has its own cutting marks. Better yet, what about setting up the print with 3 sets of cutting marks, then I could cut the 54” sheet into thirds and cut three times.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did try to search but didn’t really know where to start or what key words to use.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
With a bit of trickery you could tell Onyx to align the prints left justify and set the media to your selected width and do the first print.
Rewind the media back to the beginning of the roll then you can enter a left offset which is slightly more than the recently printed portion and it will start the print there instead of full left justify.

I have no idea if the HP will like doing this, but it works fine on our Epson.

ikarasu

Onyx doesn't let you do this. However at least for graphtec, you can use cutting master plugin to add your own crops, then you print it like a normal picture .

Roland has its own cutting software, but I've never used it - I would start there and see if that allows it.

Or you could print it 24" long, cut it off... Load it sideways and tell onyx it's loaded sideways.