• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing "Wallpaper" with Roland 540V

okeesignguy

When I bought my Roland all those years ago I was told something about it printing "wallpaper"...
I am being asked to print an inside mural on a wall room height and 30 ft long...

Wondering what media to use...
Any help given is very much appreciated... :) Thank you!

Sign Pro Salina

We have the SP 540V as well. We printed wallpaper when we first got it all those years ago. Don't recall the brand back then. Since then have used an UltraFlex wallcovering that prints really well. We've only used it for stretcher frame prints. We haven't done any "wallpaper" projects with it. The manufacturer says wallpaper adhesive can be applied for use as wallpaper. It's UltraFlex 20oz Wallscapes Matte Wallcovering. Fellers sells it. Like I said, it prints really well for us. Anymore we use our standard inkjet vinyl for wall/door wraps instead of wallpaper. These days there's so many other vinyl/paper media options with adhesive for a project like that. I would just go with those instead of wallpaper that needs adhesive applied Unless there's a specific requirement for wallpaper media.

okeesignguy

We have the SP 540V as well. We printed wallpaper when we first got it all those years ago. Don't recall the brand back then. Since then have used an UltraFlex wallcovering that prints really well. We've only used it for stretcher frame prints. We haven't done any "wallpaper" projects with it. The manufacturer says wallpaper adhesive can be applied for use as wallpaper. It's UltraFlex 20oz Wallscapes Matte Wallcovering. Fellers sells it. Like I said, it prints really well for us. Anymore we use our standard inkjet vinyl for wall/door wraps instead of wallpaper. These days there's so many other vinyl/paper media options with adhesive for a project like that. I would just go with those instead of wallpaper that needs adhesive applied Unless there's a specific requirement for wallpaper media.
Thanx for that info! does the UltraFlex 20oz Wallscapes Matte Wallcovering require laminating...?

Sign Pro Salina

You're welcome. I wouldn't see why it would require lamination. I don't really think it's meant to laminate, or that it would turn out well trying to. I am attaching the technical data sheet I found for it from the Ultra Flex website.

Attachments

• Wallscapes - TDS.pdf
    218.7 KB · Views: 330

HomeStadiumsScott

PhotoTex is great for wall paper too. I'm in the process of buying a Roland VG 540 and am primarily going to use PhotoTex. It's incredibly easy to put up and is forgiving if the adhesive touches itself. It also doesn't wrinkle or crease which is another added bonus.