• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing White

Breezy85

So we have this potential customer that needs a gator skin pattern printed in white on clear vinyl to put on all their glass office doors. Is that something we can do with our Epson S60600? If so how can we go about it or what resources/suggestions can you provide?

AKwrapguy

So we have this potential customer that needs a gator skin pattern printed in white on clear vinyl to put on all their glass office doors. Is that something we can do with our Epson S60600? If so how can we go about it or what resources/suggestions can you provide?

Not very familiar with epson printers. Do you currently have white ink already set up in your printer? If you don't you might be better off outsourcing it to some one who does.

Breezy85

We do not have white ink and I don't think we can get it for our printer. Due to the amount of work this job would have, they are splitting the work between our store and another branch of our company. That branch does have the ability to do white but we got this end of the stick. So we were going to either figure out how to do white at our shop or see about re-establishing how we're splitting up this job with the other shop and they do the white prints instead.

Chasez

Unfortunately it would cost way more than its worth to change out to white ink (from what I can remember with the Epson once you set the head configuration you can't change it but I may be mistaken) as you would have to run a cleaning cycle on all lines, swap heads, re-configure, and get up and running again... depending on how much you had to print I would outsource to someone who has the ability to print white.

If you had white configured in your printer you could definitely do the job no problem! scratch that, just checked the specs on the printer and white isn't possible on that model, you would have to step up to the s80.

Chaz

Breezy85

Unfortunately it would cost way more than its worth to change out to white ink (from what I can remember with the Epson once you set the head configuration you can't change it but I may be mistaken) as you would have to run a cleaning cycle on all lines, swap heads, re-configure, and get up and running again... depending on how much you had to print I would outsource to someone who has the ability to print white.

If you had white configured in your printer you could definitely do the job no problem! scratch that, just checked the specs on the printer and white isn't possible on that model, you would have to step up to the s80.

Chaz

Yeah so I think what we are going to do is see if the other shop we are teaming up with on this project can swap a part of the project so they do the white prints since they have the ability and we don't. Like you said it would cost way more. I've never printed white before and didn't know that it was possible.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You cannot convert a 60600 (dual cmyk) to an 80600 (white ink model). If you need it printed in white ink, we can handle that for you; we have an Epson 70675 that prints white ink quite well.

Breezy85

You cannot convert a 60600 (dual cmyk) to an 80600 (white ink model). If you need it printed in white ink, we can handle that for you; we have an Epson 70675 that prints white ink quite well.

Thanks for the offer, but we're still figuring our options since it turns out the other center on this job cannot print white as well. I'll see what we end up deciding and let you know if we can't find any other sources.

studio 440

Thanks for the offer, but we're still figuring our options since it turns out the other center on this job cannot print white as well. I'll see what we end up deciding and let you know if we can't find any other sources.

maybe you could upsell to a frosting ,would look the same

jfiscus

Rap Master
It'd look nice to print an alligator skin pattern on the windows. We did these animals for a local university's library and they looked awesome.

Attachments

• 17991393_1487970827902371_800434618083108882_o.jpg
    17991393_1487970827902371_800434618083108882_o.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 216