• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing white

scott pagan

what is involved in switching over for a print white job (and then back to CMYKCMYK) ?

is the white very opaque?

do you have to trick the RIP to print white (using Wasatch)?

Freese

what is involved in switching over for a print white job (and then back to CMYKCMYK) ?

is the white very opaque?

do you have to trick the RIP to print white (using Wasatch)?
For running 4 colors the cartridge ink lines are "spliced" in the ink lines behind the cartridge.

When running 6 color you have to use plastic stoppers so that each cartridge has a dedicated ink line...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It would be a tedious and time consuming procedure and would probably burn through a few hundred bucks just in ink and flush for each conversion. You would also need Light Cyan and Light Magenta in addition to white since the only option for white is CMYKLcLmWW (or CMYKLcLmWS white with silver). You would then need to get a set of line caps, remove the cover behind the cartrdiges. Remove the line joints to convert the ink train to 8 dedicated lines. Then on the printer select change ink type, install a set of 8 flush cartridges (which you will also need to buy), it will then flush the ink lines. Then install the new set of inks (6 color plus 2 white). It will then do a couple of ink fills and it should be ready. To change it back, you repeat the entire procedure but you will probably need an antire additional set of flush cartridges to truly purge the thick white ink back out.

As far as the RIP goes, no idea if Wastach supports a JV33 with that ink configuration. I know Rasterlink does but no idea what other rips do.

rjssigns

I let my subs suffer with white. Unless it is a huge part of your business, don't even go there. Or get a Summa DC-4 thermal or Gerber Edge.