• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing with gerber edge 2 using Flexi 10?????

sgns4u

I have searched this forum but couldn't find an answer.

We want to print with the gerber edge 2 using Flexi 10. Can't seem to even get started. Looking for advice.

Thanks!
Sherry

mrugen

Adding the Edge 2 to Flexi

In Production Manager go to SETUP>ADD SETUP
Tick the Printer Radio Button
Choose the Gerber and Edge 2

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-01-29_13-57-53.jpg
    2015-01-29_13-57-53.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 2015-01-29_13-59-55.jpg
    2015-01-29_13-59-55.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,090

sgns4u

Thanks Mark!!

We have it printing but.......it's printing horrible!

see attachment

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 495

mrugen

Printing Order & Profile

Be sure to download the Color Correction ICC profile for your device. http://profiles.saicloud.com/ Place the profile in the ICC Folder under flexi for Gerber Edge 2.
In addition you may need to be sure that the ribbons are used in the right order, if I remember correctly. Takes a little getting used to but works well. Coincidentally, I am working on a Flexi for Gerber Users webinar and training DVD as we speak! Details to follow in the coming weeks.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-01-29_14-56-35.jpg
    2015-01-29_14-56-35.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 2015-01-29_14-56-52.jpg
    2015-01-29_14-56-52.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,140

sgns4u

"Coincidentally, I am working on a Flexi for Gerber Users webinar and training DVD as we speak! Details to follow in the coming weeks."

David said to tell you to Hurry UP!!! haha

We are going to download the ICC Profiles now. I'll update in a little while.

Thanks, Sherry

sgns4u

another question Mark....
I printed the football decals using 4 color process. How do I print spot colors?
It seems the only option we can find is to print 4 color process.

Thanks!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!

sgns4u

I think we figured it out. Because the colors in the design were Flexi colors we had to print using 4 color process. We need to assign gerber colors and then we should be able to print spot colors...Correct?

We will try spot colors again in the morning.

sgns4u

We were able to print with spot colors today. They are beautiful!!!!

Had a few minor glitches such as cut lines and the registration mark but we figured those out pretty quickly.

Absolutely LOVE being to print with Flexi!!! We work with flexi All day...Every day, so we know that program. Omega wasn't something we used every day.

Sherry

Sign Works

I think we figured it out. Because the colors in the design were Flexi colors we had to print using 4 color process. We need to assign gerber colors and then we should be able to print spot colors...Correct?

We will try spot colors again in the morning.

There should be a Gerber Edge Spot Color Swatch Table in Flexi's Library to design from, at least that's the way it is for my Roland thermal resin printer in Flexi.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There is. I have it added (and the Pantone Solid Coated) to my color bars at the bottom. Just click "View>Color>Open Library>". You might have to browse up to the Swatch>Library folder to see all the vendor folders. The Zero Nine library is also in there for using their ribbons as well. :)

artofacks1

There is. I have it added (and the Pantone Solid Coated) to my color bars at the bottom. Just click "View>Color>Open Library>". You might have to browse up to the Swatch>Library folder to see all the vendor folders. The Zero Nine library is also in there for using their ribbons as well. :)

Do you guys know if you can load the swatches of duro coat and zero nine in omega?

signprinter

Geber Edge2 with Flexi 8.6

Be sure to download the Color Correction ICC profile for your device. http://profiles.saicloud.com/ Place the profile in the ICC Folder under flexi for Gerber Edge 2.
In addition you may need to be sure that the ribbons are used in the right order, if I remember correctly. Takes a little getting used to but works well. Coincidentally, I am working on a Flexi for Gerber Users webinar and training DVD as we speak! Details to follow in the coming weeks.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I was hoping you might be able to help me. Flexi no longer shows any ICC profiles for Gerber Edge 2 I am using 8.6 do you know where else they might have some. Also I am trying to print and keep getting the error "data error 3 wrong data format" do you know what that might be? I have the Omega dongle, but the software was on a computer I can no longer get to turn on and I don't have a disk...Gerber said they can send me one but I would have to upgrade to newest version and do not want to do that so I have to run through flexi. Thank you Cheryl

davedavedave

i manged to get my gerber2 working on win 10 with usb and flexi , setting up was kind of easy... but the designer is kind of complicated if u used to do stuff in illustrator...

im still having a problems with my old illustrator files....

for example
1. when opening a illustrator file my strokes are all converted to shapes?!!? i basically only have one stroke its the cutline in illustraor....is there a way i can convert it back or do i have to make a new cutline /cut contour?

2. when saving a file (with spot colors only) and opening it with the production manager it still shows me CMYK inside the advanced tab, there is no spot color inside the color management even the file only has spot colors?!?! the funny thing is if i click print and cut from flexi directly it only shows me the spot color like it should....
no cmyk option directly from flexi...

still need to learn alot about flexi... but once i can import my files from illustrator everything is good...
already downloaded the gerber colorswatch for illustrator ...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
There should be a Gerber Edge Spot Color Swatch Table in Flexi's Library to design from, at least that's the way it is for my Roland thermal resin printer in Flexi.

if you are happy with the colors now, watch ebay or craigslist for a spectratone book.
you can then, using the correct combo or vinyl and ribbon produce over 3000 spot colors

davedavedave

a>
Printing Order & Profile

attachment.php
attachment.php

i already downloaded the icc profile and added the gerber color swatch to flexi... when sending the job to the prod manager it looks like on your screenshot... i only see cmyk even i only have spot colors assigned... shouldnt there be the spot colros instead of the cmyk colors? im not getting any further lol