• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Wrapping Paper

nikdoobs

I'm looking to print some wrapping paper using my solvent Jet Mimaki CJV30-160. Does anyone have any cheap paper recommendations that I could use for this?

ams

This is a one off for a customer and not going you are doing in bulk for retail correct?

ams

I'm looking to sell my own wrapping paper. Not just one roll for a customer.

People buy all day long at the dollar store, only $1 per roll so if you can compete with that, go for it. Even super large rolls of like 100 ft are only $9.99. So you would lose a ton of money.

nikdoobs

People buy all day long at the dollar store, only $1 per roll so if you can compete with that, go for it. Even super large rolls of like 100 ft are only $9.99. So you would lose a ton of money.
It would be wrapping paper with my artwork. Not trying to compete with $1/roll stuff. Smaller target audience with a special interest. I would probably sell it for like $20/ roll.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If I were to print wrapping paper I'd buy a second hand inkjet printer like a canon ipf610 or similar and with a 3rd party bulk ink system and 3rd party inks you can print day and night for like $0.01/ftsq instead of $0.25

I have no idea, I just know that second hand large format dye inkjet printers are dirt cheap. Dye ink is somewhat water resistant too. With eco -solvent you can print to coated paper only which make it expensive and thick. You want something lightweight and cheap.

nikdoobs

I have no idea, I just know that second hand large format dye inkjet printers are dirt cheap. Dye ink is somewhat water resistant too. With eco -solvent you can print to coated paper only which make it expensive and thick. You want something lightweight and cheap.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into going that route. [emoji106]

ams

It would be wrapping paper with my artwork. Not trying to compete with $1/roll stuff. Smaller target audience with a special interest. I would probably sell it for like $20/ roll.

Well I tried. Oh well

nikdoobs

Well I tried. Oh well
You make a good point, but like I said earlier I'm not trying to compete with the cheapest of the cheap. This isn't even something I'm trying to make a ton of money on. More of like a hobby/side project I'm working on.

You make a good point, but like I said earlier I'm not trying to compete with the cheapest of the cheap. This isn't even something I'm trying to make a ton of money on. More of like a hobby/side project I'm working on.

Of course it's a great idea, if you do something trendy you can have great success on etsy or similar sites. People forget that art is an added value and custom made wrapping paper can be really popular on such places. A $5 tee + nice design sells for $15 all day long, why would it be different with wrapping paper?

nikdoobs

Of course it's a great idea, if you do something trendy you can have great success on etsy or similar sites. People forget that art is an added value and custom made wrapping paper can be really popular on such places. A $5 tee + nice design sells for $15 all day long, why would it be different with wrapping paper?
I got the idea from a food photographer who makes "foodie" wrapping paper. Sells them as a pack of like ten 18"x24" sheets instead of a roll, so it also doubles as an art print you can frame. The paper he uses is a little thicker than normal wrapping paper.

Bly

That HP paper looks the goods although we occasionally run 80g bond paper through our latex printers.
It is a bit light and 100gsm would be better for sure.
Mainly for stuff my wife sells. Our pricing would be too high for most people for what it is.