• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing/Wrapping with CLEAR

SignPros

So we've undertaken a project for the local Dairy Queen where they want to print the logo LARGE for the side of a crew cab F250. The truck is metallic dark gray, and they want the colors to be pretty muted, and show the metallic gray through the color...kind of a faded effect. We have tried printing on regular 3M clear and applying wet with RapidTac 2 and the adhesive went really milky. Some research said that the alcohol in the app fluid is what caused the milkiness, so we tried it with regular Rapidtac which has no alcohol. Same results. I've read about using clear printable wrap vinyl. Anybody have any experience with this. We've done a lot of wrap printing, but not any on clear. Or have any ideas about how to install without the adhesive going milky? We even tried installing dry, but everywhere we even slightly paused when pulling the backing paper, we got a line of milkiness.

AKwrapguy

Try using just regular soapy water. We do it all the time with clear graphics on plexi, lexan, glass, and never have a clouding issue. If you really want to make sure there is no issue use a clear dish washing soap and spray down the area and the back of the graphics and apply.

bulldozer

So we've undertaken a project for the local Dairy Queen where they want to print the logo LARGE for the side of a crew cab F250. The truck is metallic dark gray, and they want the colors to be pretty muted, and show the metallic gray through the color...kind of a faded effect. We have tried printing on regular 3M clear and applying wet with RapidTac 2 and the adhesive went really milky. Some research said that the alcohol in the app fluid is what caused the milkiness, so we tried it with regular Rapidtac which has no alcohol. Same results. I've read about using clear printable wrap vinyl. Anybody have any experience with this. We've done a lot of wrap printing, but not any on clear. Or have any ideas about how to install without the adhesive going milky? We even tried installing dry, but everywhere we even slightly paused when pulling the backing paper, we got a line of milkiness.

if you're using rapidtac, then you are using too much. that being said, usually you can get the milky look to go away with some heat and dry time. i used to have that issue with clear on .5 clear acrylic and figured out that solution.