• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prismjet Extra Outdoor 48"

Silver Star DC

Hey all,

I have come across a Prismjet Extra Outdoor 48" printer. The gentleman has it priced at $1800.00, but will require new print heads. I have been looking for a machine this size to be able to start making my own full color prints. Is this machine worth the $1800.00 knowing that it needs repairs? How much do print heads usually cost for this machine? And is this a good solvent printer to start out with? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

thmooch

I have the 38" version. I'm not sure if yours uses 2 heads or 4. Either way you may be able to recover the Heads with soaking them. There are several threads here that discuss this. Is the machine in use or being stored? Ask to see a nozzle check if it is printing somewhat. Any software come with it?

Silver Star DC

I'm not trying to become a guru on a machine that i have not bought yet. I'm trying to see if this is a good price for this machine, knowing that its going to require repairs. If i'm going to end up spending $1800.00 on the printer and another $1000 fixing it, would I be better off saving my money?

SlightlyChilled

How much do you sub out to print? If nun then pissen away 3000.00 might not be a good thing. What rip do you have?
Do you have a rip? Thats even more cash. You might need more then just a set of heads.

I will leave you with this the more you print the better they work you need to stay on top of this thing keeping it way clean. You let it sit it WILL die. and just running head cleanings each day is a waste of vinly.

Silver Star DC

i have sub contracted several print jobs and could have made use of a printer on quite a few jobs i have done over the past year. but spent extra time doing it in cut vinyl instead. however...i have Flexi Pro 8 that i would use to rip. if thats not good enough, then yes...i would have to have a rip program as well. the guy that has the printer says the printer is banding as it prints.

I have also sent you a PM.