• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem Cutting Motocross Viny - Summa S Class

cuartadimension

Cutting Motocross Vinyl.

Hi, I'm Pedro from Spain. I received my new Summa Tangential S CLASS a month ago. I have problems when cutting laminated motocross vinyl, 500 microns, substance. My old Graphtec, cut in a single pass the material to 450 grams of force. With the Summa, the cut is bad, you can not peel the rest of the material well. I have tried with an original blade of 60 degrees and 45, using up to 600 of force, and it does not cut well. It only happens with the thick material. I think it is a problem of the thickness of the blades. The only way to make a good cut is by double cutting pass. Any suggestions ???? I've tried with Clean Cut blades, and it does not cut well either-

Bly

This cutter shouldn't have an issue cutting thick media.
Have you tried a new 45 or 60 degree blade?

cuartadimension

The best result I've had, is with a blade of 45 degrees to 560 strength. I think it's too strong. My Graphtec FC 8600, cut to 450 of pressure., I think it is a problem of thickness of blade, the tangential blades are much thicker than those of drag. Does anyone have the same plotter to cut cross bike material ??? Any suggestions ??? Thank you

Christian @ 2CT Media

No one asked the simple question.... is your blade depth set to the right depth have you increased the length of exposed blade at all while backing off the pressure?

cuartadimension

The length of the blade is correct, I have made several tests of strength and blade length. Someone who uses Summa Tangential and can give me pressure data and blade type ???? I think too much force 560 to cut this material., The plotter is new