• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PROBLEM: Dry ink line (tube) in ipf9000, Blue (ink cart#1)

priusjames

Hello-

I've had a problem for a few weeks with my Canon ipf9000 printer. Does anybody have a "blown up" parts diagram? Better yet, anybody know what part(s) need service?

I've done everything I can think of to try to address it without completely disassembling the machine. I've disassembled covers, all right, but have stopped short of total devastation(!). heh.

Here is a description of the problem and what I've done to date:

Problem: The #1 (Blue, farthest ink tank on the right both on the display and in the hoppers above) line has gone dry.

What I've tried:

I can suck ink to the end of the tube (at the printhead) by disconnecting tube and sucking with a syringe or my mouth..it doesn't take much to fill the line). When I reconnect the line (carefully, without introducing air into the line) it looks like I'm successful, then the ink gets sucked back up into the cartridge (or someplace else). I've done this numerous times, blue ink line goes dry right away every time.

I have replaced the blue ink cart (I had another partial from an ipf8000 we abandoned a while ago).

I have done both "A" and "B" print head cleanings, and have removed the right print head and cleaned the heck out of it (usually has worked over the years).

I replaced the Print Head. Just finished the install, blue ink line still dry.

Anybody have diagrams and/or a list of parts to look at as I work my way up the ink line from the head back to the ink cart? I have to remove more covers, I can see, but it would really help to know what parts are up there and where likely problems are.

Thanks for your time...

James

J Hill Designs

dont know if that machine has dampers, but a bad damper will not hold correct negative pressure. also, O-rings at any connections may be dry/brittle and introducing air, thus allowing ink to flow back down

priusjames

don't know if that machine has dampers, but a bad damper will not hold correct negative pressure. also, O-rings at any connections may be dry/brittle and introducing air, thus allowing ink to flow back down

Thanks...I was guessing, if those parts are up there, these might be culprit. Without a schematic (Blow-up diagram, parts list), I don't know what's there...so I thought I'd ask others who may have experience (or diagrams).

Thanks

James

danno

I know this is an old thread, but did you find a resolution to this issue? My 9000 just developed the same issue.