• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem HP 54" cutter (rebranded Summa)

David Kinders

Hello

My best wishes for 2018!

Last week they installed our HP 315 Latex print and cut solution at our office.

The company that carried out the installation had already installed this printer several times with a Summa plotter. This was their first print and cut solution from HP (rebranded Summa plotter)

But the plotter does not want to recognize the HP barcode (yellow black barcode) and now I have to manually start the job from the computer and pay attention to the orientation of the media.

The company is going to investigate the problem but it all takes a long time, does someone recognize this problem?

Thank you in advance and kind regards
David

David Kinders

a example of the barcode.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 839
Make sure that the Production Manager is configured to launch the barcode server automatically upon application start. This is a checkbox in the Setup Properties dialog in Production Manager. You can see the status of the barcode server at the bottom of the PM window by first selecting the cutter, then look for the server status at the bottom of the window (see image). SAI PM.JPG SAI Setup Prop.JPG
SAI PM.JPG
SAI Setup Prop.JPG
SAI PM.JPG SAI Setup Prop.JPG

Last edited:

David Kinders

i have check this settings and this is ok.

In HP Cutter control 1.0.0.0
I see the following settings:
OPOS_LEVEL 90
OPOS_GREY 90
OPOS_BLACK 150

The firmware is update few days ago. 9985.034

Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

David Kinders

Problem is solved due the help of Paul Wagner.
Wrong settings from the tech people, a factory reset fixed it.

Thanks Paul!

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Scott Latimer

I love what I am doing now...
Just about to purchase the HP 115 printer and cutter...reviews and other forums seem to like it...adding for garments initially but expanding to signs and posters soon...opinions?? Known issues or work arounds i need to know about...??? thanks in advance...new poster and newbie to the industry...

David Kinders

Hey

I am very pleased of my purchase. Originally I also wanted to buy the 115 combo, but my supplier still adviced me the 315.
- Can cut automatically
- Ink is cheaper

Best regards
David

Lounge

Hello

My best wishes for 2018!

Last week they installed our HP 315 Latex print and cut solution at our office.

The company that carried out the installation had already installed this printer several times with a Summa plotter. This was their first print and cut solution from HP (rebranded Summa plotter)

But the plotter does not want to recognize the HP barcode (yellow black barcode) and now I have to manually start the job from the computer and pay attention to the orientation of the media.

The company is going to investigate the problem but it all takes a long time, does someone recognize this problem?

Thank you in advance and kind regards
David
David,
I am having a similar problem with my print and cut. Plotter does not always read the "dots" This is usually happens when the media has been laminated. Any solutions???

Lounge

David,
I am having a similar problem with my print and cut. Plotter does not always read the "dots" This is usually happens when the media has been laminated. Any solutions???

If the issue is that the cutter's mark sensor is not picking up the registration marks (dots), run a Media Calibration with the laminate applied. This is detailed in the Cutter User Manual beginning on page 17.

Lounge

Thank you P Wagner. I ran the opos calibration, I did not know about the media calibration. Worked perfectly!