• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problem tranferring files to Agfa Anapurna W

Little Linda

Hi Everyone,

We have a used, but well cared for, Agfa Anapurna MW. One of our employees knew the machine from top to bottom. Sadly, he died very unexpectedly! We're trying to get the machine up & running again, but we are having troubles transferring files to the machine. We work in CorelDraw & rip with a Wasatch 6.6 rip on one computer, then Tim (the deceased) would transfer the files to a 2nd computer running the Agfa. It is my understanding there is a separate rip function that must happen in that computer, but we can't get the 2nd computer to acknowledge that the files are in its hard drive. So, of course, we can't get the Agfa printer to print. Is this the correct way to do this? What are we doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Sorry for the loss. On the Agfa Anapurna's there are 2 computers essentially. One being windows where the files are stored and where the Agfa printer controller software is as well. The 2nd computer is the printer itself basically. They are linked with Fiber optic cables I believe...or high end cat 5.
You rip on Wasatch in your case...(Caldera for us)...and it creates 2 files. A xxx.RTL & xxx.bmp. You have to open the bmp in order for the rtl to be seen or recognized. Then you are able to set the parameters within the printer software and print.

eco s

Hi Everyone,

We have a used, but well cared for, Agfa Anapurna MW. One of our employees knew the machine from top to bottom. Sadly, he died very unexpectedly! We're trying to get the machine up & running again, but we are having troubles transferring files to the machine. We work in CorelDraw & rip with a Wasatch 6.6 rip on one computer, then Tim (the deceased) would transfer the files to a 2nd computer running the Agfa. It is my understanding there is a separate rip function that must happen in that computer, but we can't get the 2nd computer to acknowledge that the files are in its hard drive. So, of course, we can't get the Agfa printer to print. Is this the correct way to do this? What are we doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

If you havent got the printer working yet ive been running one for couple years we rip in wasatch then send to agfa rip its a crossover earthnet cable (must be there if you had it running already
message me if you havent got it going

Little Linda

If you havent got the printer working yet ive been running one for couple years we rip in wasatch then send to agfa rip its a crossover earthnet cable (must be there if you had it running already
message me if you havent got it going
Hi,
A belated thank you for the help. That problem has been solved. Very simple , really. But it's definitely been a learning process!