• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Agfa Anapurna M4f - Ink cross contamination in the head?

Tim Kingston

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem with this printer or a similar type printer. What happens is the magenta head will start outputting a colour that looks purplish
as if it is being contaminated by cyan ink. I have bled the sub-ink pumps and there never seems to be any excess air in that needs to be bled. I purge the head with cleaning solution and it takes quite a bit more effort to clear the head. We bought the printer used ( running it for more than a year ) and are at a somewhat remote location, so anything I can do to help maintain the printer myself would be of benefit. Thanks and any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

klmiller611

I'm bumping this thread as I've begun to run into the same issue, but mine is with the yellow being contaminated with the light cyan.

Any ideas?

Best
Ken Miller