• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with cg-130FX

judead

I am having a problem cutting with my cg-130FX. I cannot cut out some logos as it leaves material on corners etc. I have adjusted and tried different files, and it still doesn't cut any better. I have changed the speed to 1 and tried various setttings all the way up to 20. I have set the pressure down from 120-40. I have changed the offset of the blade from 2.5-5. Keep in mind that I have tried almost all the settings between these. I have not changed the blade, but I don't think it is the blade as it is only a week old or so. When I do a test cut it has rounded corners and corners where the head picked up before it was finished. As the head picks up the plotter still keeps moving so when the head comes back down it has gotten past the corners. Is this the plotter or the software? I am running flexi 8.5 just doing a contour cut. I am cutting these logos small so is that a issue? I am can e-mail the file to anyone if they would like to try?

GARY CULY

You get the plotter fixed?er just stop posting about it? I would like to know the outcome in case mine does that one day sir.

GARY CULY

Oh forgot ...now yo know there is 2 [two] different places to put the blade holder assm....the back one is for regular cutting ..the front is for paper drawing with pen and perf i believe.....im looking at mine and thinking "mayby that guy has the holder in wrong place?"..just a thoght ...i see so many time a problem is soooo simple a thing that is overlooked on here .. Go look

judead

Actually never fixed it. I have it in the right position. It is rounding corners on the test print. I have tried every offset position there is and it still won't do it. I think it might be the blade I am using for the material. I am using a 56 degree blade and it doesn't seem to be doing so well. I think I need a 30 degree blade for just 3 mil... dunno its my next test...