• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with cold laminator

Pideas

We run our prints on a Hp Latex. About 15 mins after running the prints, we run the vinyl through a RS cold laminator. The first foot or so laminates fine. After the first foot, the laminate wrinkles down the middle of the print.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing this.

b6ba30e1-b4fe-46ed-a9af-0a2fb68ae28a-jpeg.152386

Attachments

• B6BA30E1-B4FE-46ED-A9AF-0A2FB68AE28A.jpeg
    B6BA30E1-B4FE-46ED-A9AF-0A2FB68AE28A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 404

Alan Menhennet

It could be too much pressure.
We have a cheap manual cold laminator, if we increased the pressure too much it creates a situation where the pressure on the outside is too much compared to the inside and then creates these "folds"

Krittah

I recently had a similar problem and made a post about it. I still need to follow up there, but here is what works for me.
Grab a spare roll of transfer tape or similar and use it as a weight in front of the laminate rollers.
So I get about an inch of the print in the rollers, stop, place the extra roll on the print and leave it resting there on the loading deck of the laminator. I then start the laminator again and lightly hold the sides of my extra roll as the print rolls under it. This works every time for me, no more wrinkles. Also, make sure the leading edge of your print is a perfectly straight cut. I have a Daige Solo and currently only use it to apply transfer tape to cut vinyl.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
We run our prints on a Hp Latex. About 15 mins after running the prints, we run the vinyl through a RS cold laminator. The first foot or so laminates fine. After the first foot, the laminate wrinkles down the middle of the print.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be causing this.

b6ba30e1-b4fe-46ed-a9af-0a2fb68ae28a-jpeg.152386
On your photo and description I can’t understand is this wrinkle goes in parallel or across of print?

however the parallel wrinkle goes by next few reasons:
1. because of source roll was installed in angle and print going in to laminator with screwing position it’s visible wave in front of laminating rolls you should see it.
2. Because of high tension of laminator rolls.
3. Because of no / or skewed tension in destination roll (as describe in previous answer post)

In case this wrinkle goes from left to right side of print that’s means what tension of laminator rolls is very weak and print goes into laminator with wave however the laminate film goes straight.

——
So You have Business? The Next step do the Branding! We can help!

Val47

to summarize, I'd say you have a tension problem...some where. either in the take up, or the pressure. maybe both. hard to say with what we know so far.