• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with cut carriage cable Roland sp 300 Need Help ASAP

Bunky Bear

A little over a year ago my dad and I got a lease on a Roland sp 300. It had many problems. We got the unit through Southeastern Sign Supply out of Raleigh NC. They told us it was a SP 300v. We did not know they had screwed with the machine. They also changed inks, but did not tell the printer in the menu. We have had so many problems with this machine. About 3 months ago the strip from the print head that goes back and forth in the groove became loose and crinkled itself in half. After then the left side pinch roller was not seen. Then I had to mess with the paper and the machine for about 20 minutes off and on to finally see the paper. I just joined the forum because I had found a Pdf. online here by searching in the browser, but since I was not a member I could not view it. So I became a member to view the pdf. Now I cant find it. My problem is I just spent about $100 on parts ( The ribbon and mylar strips and also the black rivets. The problem is my new ribbon is still loose and has already crinkled once. I have shut the machine off till I can get some help. Yes I did replace the ribbon and took notes and diagrams But for some reason the ribbon is as loose as the old one.

player

You could switch back to original eco-max inks.

Search for "sp300v manual". That should pull up the thread for you. Like here:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...P-300V-Service-Manual&highlight=sp300v+manual

Pictures of your issues will go along way to getting help here.

The outside pinch rollers are angled so be sure to get the angle correct. It should be trying to pull the vinyl to the outer edges.

It might be worth it to have your machine serviced by a Roland tech if you have work and the down time is hurting your business. There are tests, calibrations, adjustments etc. that a good Roland tech will do that are difficult to figure out on a 1 time basis. In a few hours a tech would have you up and running.