• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem With Mimaki Cjv150 Bs

Pedro Furtado

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english. I'm having a problem with my mimaki's printing. As you can see in the image below, the ink does not fill the material completely causing this ugly effect on the print. I've tried everything, every kind of cleaning and raising the temperature. I have 2 mimakis CJV150BS and both have the same problem. What should I do?
2gy2k3d.jpg
[/IMG]
2gy2k3d.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you tried using a few different profiles? It does look like a heat issue and possibly an ink saturation issue. What kind of material are you using?

Pedro Furtado

Have you tried using a few different profiles? It does look like a heat issue and possibly an ink saturation issue. What kind of material are you using?

I use the same profile since when I bought the machine 1 year ago and I never had a problem but after a few days this problem has been appearing. I use the original mimaki BS3 ink with also original mimaki solvent. The media is an Imprimax vinyl

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I use the same profile since when I bought the machine 1 year ago and I never had a problem but after a few days this problem has been appearing. I use the original mimaki BS3 ink with also original mimaki solvent. The media is an Imprimax vinyl

If the problem just started happening, I would think either something in the environment has changed such as humidity and/or you got a bad roll of material. Try printing on another roll that is from a different lot number and see if it improves. You may want to check the room for the humidity level and get a dehumidifier/humidifier if it is out of spec with the machine. The humidity should be between 35% and 65%.

Pedro Furtado

If the problem just started happening, I would think either something in the environment has changed such as humidity and/or you got a bad roll of material. Try printing on another roll that is from a different lot number and see if it improves. You may want to check the room for the humidity level and get a dehumidifier/humidifier if it is out of spec with the machine. The humidity should be between 35% and 65%.

Humm ... I use this imprimax vinyl a long time, can this climate change affect the vinyl directly?

Pedro Furtado

The humidity affects the way the ink flows through the head and how it dries. The material could just be a bad batch. Even the best vinyl manufacturers have bad batches sometimes.

After what you told me I decided to buy a new vinyl and it really worked :) Thank you very much !!!