• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with printing CMYKcm

G3

I'm baffled at the recent problem I'm having with printing CMYKcm on my HP FB500.

Taking the same identical file, but simply changing the RIP settings from CMYK to CMYKcm, I get two EXTREMELY DIFFERENT results! (I know in theory, the end result should be fairly similar)

We use ONYX THRIVE for our RIP.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

Attachments

• CMYK vs CMYKcm.jpg
    CMYK vs CMYKcm.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 282

papabud

Lone Wolf
if your using 2 different profiles the color calibration could be off. they both need to be calibrated

G3

Maybe one if icc profile it s bad.
Nozzle it s ok?

In the past, they both did fine. As a matter of fact, I never changed it off of CMYKcm, since the FB500 is a 6-color printer.

Now, just to get in the ballpark with matching colors, I can only print CMYK.

ICC profiles go bad? Nozzles are fine when I do a nozzle quality check. That'sa why I'm baffled.

HOW DO YOU CALIBRATE PROFILES??

Gary

Frank Linson

We don't use Onyx but the difference from CMYK to CMYK LC LM can be startling and it's due to the ink quantity and color value of the light inks. Our Roland XC540 does way better with intermediate colors than the old Vp 540 did, and it was a 4 color printer. If you run 4 color it doesnt output nearly so nice as 6 does. Didn't ever try to "match" them due to the different outputs.