• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems Creating Profiles With Oynx 10 Postershop.

Dem66

I am fairly new to wide format printing so please be gentle with me :smile:. I have been trying to create profiles for our Mimaki JV33-160 with Oynx 10 Postershop.

I am using the Media Manager/Create Profile function and going through the step by step process using an i1. I have created 2 different profiles for 2 different medias and here is my issues:

Print quality and ink limits look great (better than the profile we are currently using) but both profiles print with a grey cast on the print.

Anybody have any experience with this and suggestions?

Thanks

What ICC profiling software are you using? Postershop x10 does not have the Onyx ICC module enabled, so you must use a 3rd-party profiling package for the ICC creation (i1 Match/ ProfileMaker/ i1 Profiler etc).

Dem66

This is one area where I am confused. Through my research to this problem I have found where you are supposed to be able to create profiles with ProductionHouse but not with PosterShop.

Why does PosterShop have a place to create profiles with in the Media Manager if you can't create profiles? Here are the steps it walks you through.

New Media Profile
Basic Media Profile Settings
Basic Print Mode Settings
Drop Size Control
Ink Restrictions
Calibration
Ink Limits
Mode Created

Yes you are correct the ICC Profile is greyed out so it doesn't complete that step.

I guess a better question is what am I accomplishing by going through the steps of creating a profile in PosterShop and why do they even take you through the steps if it really does not accomplish anything?

Dem66

Thanks for the link. There is a lot of information out there and it can get overwhelming trying to go through it all especially when I am trying to educate myself in my spare time which is very limited. So it is very helpful to get directed toward the relevant information.

Thanks again.

Donny7833

You have an i1, so download i1 Match. Using the printer profile you created, print out one of the i1 charts included with the program. Read it and create your icc profile through i1 Match and import it.

FrankW

I guess a better question is what am I accomplishing by going through the steps of creating a profile in PosterShop and why do they even take you through the steps if it really does not accomplish anything?

You can do Profiling with Postershop too, but because Postershop don't have functionality to read ICC-Targets and generate ICC-Profiles out of the measured data, you will need external software from this point.

Owning an i1 will not automatically mean that you can use i1 Match to finish your work, because you need functionality witch is part just of some i1-Bundles or need to be bought separately: profiling of CMYK-Printers. By the way, i1Match is outdated, if you have a newer i1 you should have i1Profiler available.

A gray cast could have different reasons, should be a problem with linearization. But profiling with no basic color management skills could lead to strange results.