• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with coroplast

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Has anyone experiencing any flaws in the latest batch of coroplast sheets coming out from the manufacturer? Past two weeks our coroplast has a huge "bubble" in the middle of it. Vendor blames manufacturer and manufacturer blames vendor.
attachment.php

Attachments

• coro1.jpg
    coro1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 256

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than paper and crayons..... it's about the cheapest media you can purchase. Ya can't get too upset if 'junk' doesn't wanna cooperate.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Who do you get it from? Try sending it back to the vendor and exchange it for sheet from a different batch. They QC# tag every pallet.

Free Dirt?

That looks like how it comes from my local supplier; except for yours doesn't have dirt/dust thrown in for free.

You're lucky. My supplier charges extra for all the dust, dirt, and occasional footprints.

Unlike me, I always throw in some cat and dog hair on my signs for free.
People hair too. Although I charge double if it's a pube.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So...... how many of you go into the hardware store, buy a box of 100 screws and a head is missing from one or the threads are missing on one ?? Do you take it back and expect a replacement ??

Who has ordered a cup of coffee and the waitress spilled a drop or two setting it down and asked her to refill it ??

Who hasn't had their oil changed in their car and a little oil is left in the can..... do you ask the mechanic to give you a credit on an ounce oil 10/30w ??

C'mon, get real. It's junk in and junk out. When, all that was available was die-cut, these problems had no effect on the outcome of a product, but now they don't fit perfectly flat on your flatbed or it's a little tougher to put a 4x8 printed vinyl piece down without a laminator. Right away cry FOUL !!

:banghead:

CanuckSigns

So...... how many of you go into the hardware store, buy a box of 100 screws and a head is missing from one or the threads are missing on one ?? Do you take it back and expect a replacement ?? a screw costs fractions of a cent each, coroplat is over $10 per sheet, that adds up

Who has ordered a cup of coffee and the waitress spilled a drop or two setting it down and asked her to refill it ?? most places have free refills on coffee, so this is a moot point.

Who hasn't had their oil changed in their car and a little oil is left in the can..... do you ask the mechanic to give you a credit on an ounce oil 10/30w ?? my mechanic uses a 45 gallon drum of oil, and charges me for the actual amount used.

C'mon, get real. It's junk in and junk out. When, all that was available was die-cut, these problems had no effect on the outcome of a product, but now they don't fit perfectly flat on your flatbed or it's a little tougher to put a 4x8 printed vinyl piece down without a laminator. Right away cry FOUL !! No the product is not manufactured to spec, or it was mishandled by the distributor (sitting under a heat source for too long) why should we have to eat the cost of that?

I think somebody needs a nap...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So...... how many of you go into the hardware store, buy a box of 100 screws and a head is missing from one or the threads are missing on one ?? Do you take it back and expect a replacement ??

Who has ordered a cup of coffee and the waitress spilled a drop or two setting it down and asked her to refill it ??

Who hasn't had their oil changed in their car and a little oil is left in the can..... do you ask the mechanic to give you a credit on an ounce oil 10/30w ??

C'mon, get real. It's junk in and junk out. When, all that was available was die-cut, these problems had no effect on the outcome of a product, but now they don't fit perfectly flat on your flatbed or it's a little tougher to put a 4x8 printed vinyl piece down without a laminator. Right away cry FOUL !!

Your comparisons make no sense. Some of us like to put out a quality product, whether it is a coro sign or a 1/2" thick acrylic lobby sign, and we expect our materials we buy to be usable. I get lots of coro, foamcore, even MDO that is so warped it's ridiculous. Maybe you are ok with crappy substrates; I however, am not.

Imakesigns

how ridiculously unrelated these examples are. I would send it back to the supplier without the least bit of hesitation.

if my server spilled some coffee, I would clean up the spill and ask for a refill after drinking the whole cup.

I happen to know that my mechanic makes good use of the leftover oil in my bottles.

trakers

You need to speak with your supplier. We get the dirt/hair/looks like dog poo extras just like you, but ours throws in mashed corners for free.

As someone mentioned, yeah, the answer is buy stuff by the skid. Once we drove to NUDO in Springfield, IL to get a bunch of PolyMetal directly from the manufacturer. It was packages insanely well and every piece was perfect. Hard to remember the last 4x8 we got from our vendor without mashed corners and/or scratches. The good news, I guess, is we almost always clip the corners anyway and digital prints cover up the horrible scratches.

That looks like how it comes from my local supplier; except for yours doesn't have dirt/dust thrown in for free.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your comparisons make no sense. Some of us like to put out a quality product, whether it is a coro sign or a 1/2" thick acrylic lobby sign, and we expect our materials we buy to be usable. I get lots of coro, foamcore, even MDO that is so warped it's ridiculous. Maybe you are ok with crappy substrates; I however, am not.

Make no sense ?? Well, neither does your complaint or reasoning powers.

We're discussing a substrate that costs about $7.50 for a 4' x 8' substrate. Other than realtors, contractors and politicians..... who else uses this crap for a nice sign ?? They expect the thing to last maybe 6 months tops. Who talks of a 6 month sign as a quality product ?? I never said this stuff was unusable.... I said your complaints are baseless. Sure, if you wanna go around b!tching about every little flaw in a product that is flawed to begin with, then be my guest. Unless you buy it the way Pat does, ya can't polish a turd.

Johnny Best

That looks like damage caused by laying it on something when it was hot and then "molded" to what it was laying on. You are located in Florida where it gets hot. Probably happened in transport or where you buy it from and was handled wrong.

Billct2

Both of my main suppliers (Garston & Hart) manage to deliver coro in good condition, no matter how many I order.
If the material looks like that it's not usable,calendered vinyl is cheap too, but you should still be able to use it.

C

ColoPrinthead

No, but they gave me the rest of the bottle that wasn't fully used.

niksagkram

Has anyone experiencing any flaws in the latest batch of coroplast sheets coming out from the manufacturer? Past two weeks our coroplast has a huge "bubble" in the middle of it. Vendor blames manufacturer and manufacturer blames vendor.
Hi myront. To answer your original, quite reasonable, question, no, we have had no issues, but we order from Grimco, who deliver to us on their own truck every week. If we get bad stuff, (very rare) it just goes right back on their truck, no matter how much we paid for it. :)

As other people have said, contact your vendor. Most of them are quite reasonable, from my experience, and will try to make it right for you, I'm sure. If not, then I would seriously consider other options, because a vendor who won't stand behind their product, even a few sheets of coro, probably won't have your back when a larger issue arises.

Good luck

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Our supplier for "Corrugated" 4ft x 8ft sheets is Grimco. No problems returning at all. They're very concerned with the issue. Just returned 20 sheets yesterday. Really big bubble in the center. We print with a colorspan that uses intense heat lamps to cure the ink. The heat makes the bubble worse causing the print heads to drag over it. Yes,I had considered the fact that maybe the Florida heat had something to do with it. 72deg today. I also considered that maybe the sheets were coming from a much colder climate before traveling to Florida. This stared about a month ago