• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Flexi 12 on a new computer (Design Editor is Zoomed In)

0igo

I just got a new laptop. I installed flexi 12 to it. When i open the program up it looks as is everything is okay except the deign editor. Its zoomed and i cannot enlarge it. Somes options are completely missing. I called Sai but they couldn't fix it lol, Does anyone how i can fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 425

bannertime

First thing I'd try is messing with the display resolution while Flexi is open.. Maybe see if there's a setting for display text size or something in the Flexi menu too.

0igo

First thing I'd try is messing with the display resolution while Flexi is open.. Maybe see if there's a setting for display text size or something in the Flexi menu too.
tried that but nothing works. changed the zoom settings on the computer as well and nothing

unmateria

tried going into flexi settings, changing screen scaling down to 100 percent. changing the resolution and running in windows 8 and 7.
Hi, i would try changing Windows default theme to classic and scaling Windows fonts to 100%. Sometimes some programs do weirds things if not

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

bannertime

Yeah, if that doesn't work. I'd try to see if all your fonts are in order as well. May sound weird, but that word "Black" should not be bold. Some other weird things I would try is changing the Workspace options in the File menu option and force closing Flexi from task manager. (app.exe) Other than that, a reinstall. Should only take about an hour tops.

WildWestDesigns

Hi, i would try changing Windows default theme to classic and scaling Windows fonts to 100%. Sometimes some programs do weirds things if not

He would only be able to do that in Win 7. I'm unaware of the classic theme being in Win 8 or Win 10 without going 3rd party. I know 8.1 has one (or at least did), through 3rd party, don't know about 10 however.

0igo

Yeah, if that doesn't work. I'd try to see if all your fonts are in order as well. May sound weird, but that word "Black" should not be bold. Some other weird things I would try is changing the Workspace options in the File menu option and force closing Flexi from task manager. (app.exe) Other than that, a reinstall. Should only take about an hour tops.
i tried reinstalling it but still nothing.. how can i change the default font on my windows?

0igo

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk
how can i change it on windows 10? i dont see an option.

Tabarnak

Hmmm..Probably a registry key value .. maybe connect to another monitor and see if windows offers additional settings when in the dual-monitors setup page..!?

unclebun

In Windows 10 you right click the desktop, choose Display Settings. Then under Scale and Layout, make sure you have the screen resolution set at the correct resolution for your display (usually the highest available) and then under "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" choose 100%.

0igo

Hmmm..Probably a registry key value .. maybe connect to another monitor and see if windows offers additional settings when in the dual-monitors setup page..!?
Im running it on my laptop. Not on a desktop. I think it's a windows setting

0igo

In Windows 10 you right click the desktop, choose Display Settings. Then under Scale and Layout, make sure you have the screen resolution set at the correct resolution for your display (usually the highest available) and then under "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" choose 100%.
That was the first thing I did and still nothing

Tabarnak

Im running it on my laptop. Not on a desktop. I think it's a windows setting
Yes.. I was making reference to Windows registry keys. There are registry editors out there that automates registry settings tasks but it's preferable to have windows set it's own keys through it's usual protocol..
.. plugging another monitor (or tv) to your laptop (hdmi or whatever available) and hopefully when Windows recognizes another monitor it would initialize the Windows Monitor Wizard and (hopefully) offer you 'extra' settings on your native monitor...?
It's a long shot but ... what if it works! :)

BestaLuck bud

WildWestDesigns

Yes.. I was making reference to Windows registry keys. There are registry editors out there that automates registry settings tasks but it's preferable to have windows set it's own keys through it's usual protocol..

Why not just use regedit to modify those settings if it's a registry setting? Personally, I would never go 3rd party for something that manipulates the registry.

Hooking up a 2nd monitor does open up some extra settings (expand, mirror etc), but nothing that I found that would be applicable to this outside of scale/layout.

Is this a 4k monitor? Is Flexi HiDPI, 4k able? Even QHD monitors can give results like this.

Tabarnak

Why not just use regedit to modify those settings if it's a registry setting? Personally, I would never go 3rd party for something that manipulates the registry.

Hooking up a 2nd monitor does open up some extra settings (expand, mirror etc), but nothing that I found that would be applicable to this outside of scale/layout.

Is this a 4k monitor? Is Flexi HiDPI, 4k able? Even QHD monitors can give results like this.
Yes, I guess he can always go 'in' through regedit if he knows what he's looking for..

0igo

FIXED FINALLY! Solution: I installed all my fonts from my previous computer and overwrote every current font on the laptop. And that fixed it! I think this laptop had default fonts in bold.