• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problems with Gerber Edge

BullDog613

I have an old Gerber Edge 1 with an HS15plus plotter and my computer with Window 8 had a motherboard go out. I've updated the computer to Windows 10 and now in the plot manager I can't access the com and lpt ports so the computer won't talk to the printer and plotter.

I have another computer that I updated to Window 10 and it has an HS15plus plotter that works because in the plot manger I am able to select the com3 port.

I am using the Gerber Serial to usb and parallel to usb cords.

I've called Gerber Tech support and they have not gotten back to me for 2 weeks after numerous calls. Any body have and ideas how to fix this?

netsol

there are a number of things you need to do.
all the settings under device manager>ports>your com port>advanced have to match
ie: 38000. one one odd xon/xoff (example, not the settings you should use

serial is not plug & play, settings must match

parallel port, mode must be corrrect bidirectional/epp/ecp. (i forget which one works)

normally if printer port doesn't work, i just use a $50. startec parallel print server on amazon.

for the serial port, download user manual for the hs15, make sure your port in device manager matches what the plotter is set for

BullDog613

there are a number of things you need to do.
all the settings under device manager>ports>your com port>advanced have to match
ie: 38000. one one odd xon/xoff (example, not the settings you should use

serial is not plug & play, settings must match

parallel port, mode must be corrrect bidirectional/epp/ecp. (i forget which one works)

normally if printer port doesn't work, i just use a $50. startec parallel print server on amazon.

for the serial port, download user manual for the hs15, make sure your port in device manager matches what the plotter is set for
Thanks, I'll try some of these things.