• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Product for cleaning / installing vehicle lettering

Kate

I have an installation today of some vehicle lettering and was wondering what everyone uses to clean the area before applying the vinyl. And when it is a vinyl ontop of another, what product do you reccomend using.

I tend to use Rapid Tac, but I am currently out of it. Can anoyone recommend anything else to me?

Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

TammieH

If it is simple lettering put down dry, hinge at the top if you can, and then cut vertical slices between letters... depending on the size of the letter cut between each or every 2 to 4 letters

I clean with Windex and 99% Isopropyl , make sure you dry it well, removing the film left behind.

Oh and btw, I can't stress enough to use a good sharp squeegee, an old worn squeegee will guarantee bubbles

Msrae

Rae
I agree with RJPW, the small amount of dish soap in water works in place of rapid tac for application if you are in a pinch.

2B

our home brew is water / 70 isopropyl alcohol / baby shampoo

we also use rapid depending on the situation / material

OldPaint

91% alcohol(walmart everyday price by the QUART)NEVER SHOULD BE WITHOUT. WINDEX is no problem. get the one that says NO AMMONIA)))))
THE WINDEX I PREFERRED......... they dont make anymore was DRIPLESS......
worked gret on any glass. the 91% alchhol...IS ALL YOU WILL NEED. after you wash it with soap and water.