• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Product ideas to improve the sign & printing industry

henryz

Hello fellow sign people, I've been thinking of products that are not easily produce for ex: Gemini or Steel Art letters that require special equipment or materials. I'm thinking of starting a business but not quite sure, I want it to be something that will be useful to everyone in the industry. Everyone does channel letters and banners, so I want it to be somewhat unique. We out source water jetting, silk-screening and ADA products but not looking to do that. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say here. Maybe I should say what are the most difficult things to make or get for a sign.

Thanks

Henry Z

Z SIGNS

How about offer custom sign service that has a reputation of being awesome.That few around you could compete with?
What's hard to get? There are tons of makers out there.
The challenge is to be unique.
How about start a school that teaches people how to be unique.

Sindex Printing

We are currently working on building a vaccum form machine to add with laser cut items and cnc items.
The hardest thing we have found is find good quality people and companies that you can deal with and can trust the quality they will put out for you. Also that the people that are trying to get rich on the one job.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Well, if you have a Latex printer you can start printing Hydrographic film for people or for use it in-house!

I've been using my HP latex printer to print hydrographic film for the last three years... It has been a profitable blast to do!
If you guys do it, be sure to turn your optimizer level to "0" and set the curing temp to 200 degrees.
Just in case you want to see what I'm talking about, here's a link to youtube videos about it... Here

There are VERY few people doing it (custom printing the hydrographic film) right now, you can carve your own market niche while the rest of the world is still figuring it out.

You can buy the film either from China or here in the states from Ikonic in Duluth
]
124191-35b5335d463feafe7c4f9ed0002c244f.jpg
Fireweed Rifle 1.jpg 5241a533b483c.image.jpg 13886859_307985442873483_3689089737771628543_n.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well, if you have a Latex printer you can start printing Hydrographic film for people or for use it in-house!

I've been using my HP latex printer to print hydrographic film for the last three years... It has been a profitable blast to do!
If you guys do it, be sure to turn your optimizer level to "0" and set the curing temp to 200 degrees.
Just in case you want to see what I'm talking about, here's a link to youtube videos about it... Here

There are VERY few people doing it (custom printing the hydrographic film) right now, you can carve your own market niche while the rest of the world is still figuring it out.

You can buy the film either from China or here in the states from Ikonic in Duluth
]
124191-35b5335d463feafe7c4f9ed0002c244f.jpg
View attachment 144866 View attachment 144867 View attachment 144868
You have no issues with latex staying applied?

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Not a problem at all! When the activator melts the ink it is just a sticky as any other ink. Word of caution, UV Ink won't melt back to a liquid state with standard hydrographic activator.

0j1zslf3r8p7.jpg