• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Production House 12.1 Onyx with Epson S80600-Metallic/White Inks-HELP

MichaelC

We are using ONYX-ProductionHouse 12.1 as our RIP for the Epson S80600. Can someone help us figure out how to print the spot channel for metallic ink at the same time as cmyk. We are trying to put the metallic ink behind the CMYK, but print them at the same time so they line up correctly. We are currently having to manually rewind the roll after the cmyk is printed to then print the spot metallic ink channel on top. Its obviously not lining up perfectly. Is this possible with the S80600/ProductionHouse ??

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
What design software are you using?
Do you have Overprint enabled? (Illustrator)
Without this, Onyx will ignore any layers underneath your design.

boxerbay

we normally do it in illustrator. you need to create a layer above the art. create the mask layer where you want the metallic to hit. we use 100% magenta and we rename the color spot1. in the attributes panel make sure overprint is ticked. then in onyx open the file then go to job editor. click change profiles. click output tab. click spot channel replacement. in the lower half you will see <none> and spot1. we click <none> and type in spot1 the same as we did in the illustrator file. hit ok ok then be sure to hit APPLY. the screen should flicker and roll out showing teal mask where the metallic goes. then go to print tab and hit submit.

MichaelC

We are using Photoshop with a Spot Channel. Overprint is enabled in the RIP
We got it. Go into media manager in Onyx, select overprint for the profile in media settings. It was set to underprint as default. This will allow you to print metallic/white at the same time as cmyk.

elay2433

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a feeling someone here may be able to help me. I'm wanting to do the same thing as the OP, but with white ink. I know how to do it (I used to do it all the time on the S70), but my problem is I can't find a profile that allows me to print white. I know the profiles capable of printing white ink have the (wh) at the end, just at the metallic capable profiles have the (ms). If there's a way to specifically search for such profiles in Epson Control Dashboard, I haven't found it. So can anyone point me to a profile capable of printing white? Any help is much appreciated.