• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Worktable Layout ?

Holysteel

Hi all,

I have started to work on a production table specially designed for small- medium banner size production. Nothing huge. I need some opinions on the table.

The table are 5 meters long x 1.5 meter width. There will be a total of 3 'areas" in this one table. On the very right side measuring about 2 meter long will be the cutting & trimming area. in the middle area will be my sewing machine. This is the hemming area. On the other side is the last stage, the grommeting area.

What do you guys think of this layout? Is it all right or is there any room for improvement? Please kindly advice.

I will be very glad to hear it. Thank you.

Holysteel

Also i am putting a normal glass on the cutting area. Or should i go ahead with a tempered glass panel ?

Please kindly advise. Thanks

2B

For what you have listed to be done on the table you will need a wider surface.

get the tempered glass, we use PVC on our cutting tables saves blades and dont have to worry about it being broken

Holysteel

For what you have listed to be done on the table you will need a wider surface.

get the tempered glass, we use PVC on our cutting tables saves blades and dont have to worry about it being broken

Hi 2B,

Thank you for your input. Could you share with me what problems will i face if the table is not wider than 1.5?

Harder to sew and cut perhaps?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We do not sew banners here in-house. Our tables are 5'x12'; roughly the size you're describing. We have the cutting mats on our tables; not glass & they do great. Almost all banners we do here are 5' or under wide, so our tables work great. When we have an order for a larger banner another local company prints them for us on their 16' wide printer.

Another company down the road specializes in large banners & tarps. All of their tables are varnished wood & they only cut with scissors. Their cutting tables are around 10'x20' (huge), but you're going to need that for the larger banners that need sewn. Their sewing tables are separate & around 4'x12' with the sewing machines permanently affixed in position. They also have pneumatic grommet machines....

2B

Hi 2B,

Thank you for your input. Could you share with me what problems will i face if the table is not wider than 1.5?

Harder to sew and cut perhaps?

if you have tools and/or dedicated work stations on the table and you are working on a banner that hangs off the side, you will constantly be repositioning the banner. the entire banner needs to be ont eh table or it will fall off a MAJOR PITA!!!

Pvc vs. Cutting mats (self healing)

We use PVC, have for years easy to get and cheap. does not matter if you using PVC or a cutting mat it will eventually have to be replaced.
Have not seen the justification on the cutting mat $$$

What height is best for a work table such as this?

for use we went with custom tables that hit the workers at the waist line so they do not have to bend over. nothing is more irritating than being bend over for a period of time and get a sore/stiff back