• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile issues help

4R Graphics

I have a mimaki JV33 160 I have built my own profile and all has been good except there is an issue between CMYK nad RGB files when printed.

Here the issue colors seem to be right when designed in cmyk and saved with a cmyk profile in illustrator but when designed in RGB and saved with an RGB profile the colors print differently. From my understanding this is not uncommon but the issue is I have a client who sends print work to me and sometimes the colors are wrong which I have noticed it is usually an RGB profiled file he says nothing has changed but I believe it has hes saving in rgb and not cmyk) and I cant convince him. The real big issue is he sent me a file and it was wrong in color when I printed it so he sent it to signs365 and it printed right and I have been told that if i cant figure it out i will lose his work load.

So I ask you the signs 101 community how can I get my printer to print the correct pantone colors wether the file is CMYK or RGB profiled.

i am using rasterlink but have an older version of Flexi I believe its 8 or 8.1 I stopped using flexi 2 years ago because I had issues with pantone blues being wrong no matter what I did.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would open the file in Illustrator and change the color settings to CMYK. You will see a noticeable change in the color because Illustrator tries to convert the RGB space to CMYK. Try printing it and see if that works. Other than that, play around with the rendering intents for the RGB settings in Rasterlink and see if one prints better than the others. As you probably know, there are tons of colors that you cannot print in CMYK that you can see in RGB on your screen. Convincing the customer of that truth is the hard part.

4R Graphics

I will check the render intents and see what is what.

I have converted 1 or 2 files because the new files he sent when printed were not the right colors and i knew it since I have printed lots of these logos for him in the past so I opened the files in illustrator and immediatly it says illiustrator is set for CMYK this file has a diffeent format would you like to convert it(becaues i design in illy and know to use CMYK) so I say yes convert it then saved the file and printed it and it was much closer to what i had remembered but different than the screen obviously because of RGB vs CMYK but he did not seem to notice.

So I know the issue is primarelly with the format of the file but I really dont want to convert every file he sends me. Also as he stated to me signs365 printed it with no problem so it must be your printer and i will assume that signs365 is not converting files so how do they print CMYK and RGB files and seem to get the colors right either way.
Especially since he uses the default palete colors of corel draw and pantone colors.