• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiles for Plain Paper on a Mutoh 1204?

David40

I found an old 24" roll of plain paper laying around and I was curious if anyone has had any experience selecting a profile for this type media on a Mutoh 1204 or 1604? This paper is very dull matte finish, slightly off white and I assume very absorbant. I though possibly a canvas or textile profile might be suitable. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I found an old 24" roll of plain paper laying around and I was curious if anyone has had any experience selecting a profile for this type media on a Mutoh 1204 or 1604? This paper is very dull matte finish, slightly off white and I assume very absorbant. I though possibly a canvas or textile profile might be suitable. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Just try it with whatever your favorite profile might be. If the stuff's printable then it will print. If it's not then it won't.

For coated paper I use my standard trusty Oracal 3651G profile on my 1204. I have a version of this profile with the ink levels dialed back a little which works a bit, that's 'a bit', better. If I remember to use it. Most times I forget.

But then I'm not all hung up on profiles, I have a couple that work for me for every media yet tried. I see no reason whatsoever to inundate myself with profiles such that each and every media has its own special profile. Life is too short.

Now then posse of profile Nazis in these waters will no doubt disagree. Let them. Let them agonize over every obscure setting and, at the end, produce work no better than my shop with it's three, count 'em, three, profiles. Two of which I seldom, if ever, use.

David40

That's intersting, I'll give that a try.
I'm curious about how you "dial back the ink supply", what RIP are you using?