• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiling with I1 Pro

Cale Frederick

We just got a digital press, a Konica Minolta Bizhub C6000, and it came with an EFI rip and an I1Pro spectrometer. The rep spent a day with me showing me how to profile the C6000, and even how to use the software to make PDFs to send to other printers, but did not show me anything after that. I'm not asking anyone for a step by step, but more of an idea of where to go (websites, reps, etc...) to get started profiling.

I use versaworks for our XC540 and the bundled Colorburst for our GS6000. I have been interested in looking for one rip for both as I figure it might make profiling easier.

I can't speak for any besides versaworks, but if you go to there website then support, there are a couple webinars that are free that take you step by step for linearizing and profiling on versaworks. I would imagine would be very similar on the other rips.

Cale Frederick

Thank you! I have been googling for a few hous and all I keep getting is buy this or that... I know I have seen enough on here to realize I don't need 37 more programs or adapters. I just need to figure out how to start printing,scanning, and plugging in some numbers.

Thank you! I have been googling for a few hous and all I keep getting is buy this or that... I know I have seen enough on here to realize I don't need 37 more programs or adapters. I just need to figure out how to start printing,scanning, and plugging in some numbers.

Media Profiles for most large-format printers are specific to the RIP that is driving the printer, and a profile built for one RIP is worthless in any other RIP, even though they might be for the same printer model, media, resolution etc. As such, the manufacturer of your RIP should be the place to start when looking for training resources for profile creation in a RIP-based large-format workflow.

dypinc

We just got a digital press, a Konica Minolta Bizhub C6000, and it came with an EFI rip and an I1Pro spectrometer. The rep spent a day with me showing me how to profile the C6000, and even how to use the software to make PDFs to send to other printers, but did not show me anything after that. I'm not asking anyone for a step by step, but more of an idea of where to go (websites, reps, etc...) to get started profiling.

I use versaworks for our XC540 and the bundled Colorburst for our GS6000. I have been interested in looking for one rip for both as I figure it might make profiling easier.

If your using a Fiery EX RIP here is a good place to look and ask questions.
http://fieryforums.efi.com/index.php?

I use a Fiery EX RIP on our Digital Color Press. I calibrate and create profile for it all the time as well as our large format printers with a Fiery XF RIP and a ColorGate RIP. I prefer to use i1Profiler to create the profiles for the Aqueous Canon/XF printer/proofer and the Xerox Digital Press (that is on top of the Fiery EX Calibration) but the HP Latex is best done completely with the RIP.

FrankW

With VersaWorks itself no ICC-Profiling is possible, a separate software like i1-Profiler is neccessary. I think with an i1 and i1-Profiler you would own all things needed for time-to-time-profiling on several RIP's.