• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

profit margins?

Wraps ink

just wondering what profit margin people are getting on wraps..including installation but not including design.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Probably not something most of are really want to post in this open to the general public section.... I'll say this much. It varies greatly by where you are. In the most basic per sf pricing (materials and installation only, not including high end design work), in some parts of the country wraps easily get $15 or more per sf while in others areas you might be lucky to get $10 per sf. Also depends greatly on the vehicle (install on a beetle is going to be more than a full size van), is it an existing client that has already spent tens of thousands, are they going to sign a contract agreeing to wrap 30+ vehicles in a fleet, are you illegally running your business out of your residential garage in a neighborhood with next to zero overhead, do you employ highly experienced installers that can expertly wrap a full size van in half a day or inexperienced guys who need 2 to 3 days for the same thing, etc, etc, etc....

There are literally tons of factors that affect your actual margin when its all said and done.

Gene@mpls

Not enough to interest me in this area. I have made enough hard money in my life... I am now going for the easy money.

threeputt

Isn't this thread about "margins"?

Put another way, net earnings (profit) against revenue, usually expressed as a percentage. ie: 20% profit

Example: Job cost to client $2000, shop costs including labor and materials $1500, gross profit 25%. (net profit is even less - subtract your fixed costs, overhead, owner salaries, etc)