• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Promotional Products How to Stay Organized?

Spencer McMurtry

Hello,
I just started selling promotional products a few months ago, I am not a Member or SAGE or ASI at this time.

I got this email from Sage for a bulk catalog request i thought hey this is a good idea at only $50.00. So i do this catalog request and literally get a thousand catalogs, The mail man came with full boxes of mail for 7 days non-stop I have so many catalogs i havent even opened half of them.

Some of the catalogs came with samples which i put out in my display room, I wrote the ASI # on the samples so i could find the supplier. However now when a client asks how much a item costs, i have no way to find the company from the ASI # and i cant find the catalog because i have hundreds of them in big boxes. I am needing a method to be able to find pricing fast and stay organized.

Please advise what is the best method of organization all of these suppliers so you can find them fast, or even find them at all! I would ideally like to have a massive excel database with all my pricing / costs / suppliers.

Do you suggest I become a member of ASI or Sage or similar? What is the advantage of becoming a member?

Thank you for your time!
Spencer

Locals Find!

Join ASI and sign up for Distributor Central (FREE) ASI has a program called ESP its worth every penny.

Then you can dump the catalogs and have everything searchable at your finger tips. I did this and never regretted it once.

iSign

Start a schwagg101.com website and you and others can learn how to water down a perfectly good sign business.

Personally I can't imagine a less interesting business I could want to be in, then filling orders all day, for other people to print logo's on crap..

I mean the fact that "logos" are involved is the only thing remotely related to this industry, and their use in promotional products is most likely the area that more design rules are broken than anywhere...

txsurfer

We use SAGE, they have a great website you can do all your searches, printout flyers or pages, you dont need to keep all the catalogs because you have it all on their website, we only keep 20 to 30 catalogs, everything else is at your fingertips on the website.

TMertz

www.DistributorCentral.com

Paid for by Suppliers.... all the tools you need to sell their products.