• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proofing Software, APP or plugin?

depps74

Anyone out there use a reliable proofing software? In other words a app, plugin or software that measures and displays measurements of a pdf or Ai file for customers to see what they are asking for?

I have been doing this manually for years and it takes some time to do, now that I am getting busier it would be great if I could just do this with one or two clicks. I know that Flexi has one, but it is not that reliable and displays measurements a bit clunky.

AKwrapguy

Anyone out there use a reliable proofing software? In other words a app, plugin or software that measures and displays measurements of a pdf or Ai file for customers to see what they are asking for?

I have been doing this manually for years and it takes some time to do, now that I am getting busier it would be great if I could just do this with one or two clicks. I know that Flexi has one, but it is not that reliable and displays measurements a bit clunky.

If you have Flexi they have a specific 'Proof' tool that you can use. It needs a little fine tuning but its pretty neat. The client is sent a link to the file where you can put in info and they can view it, type in corrections/changes.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What type of signs are your designing/presenting?
How much detail do you need?
I use Hotdoor's CADTools in Illustrator - Shown is what I may show on the second round and final to permit. If all you need is overall size - this may be overkill - Flexi - as quirky as it is might be the cheapest alternative. That script doe snot make the best presentations, what's nice about CADtools compared to other options is how customizable it is and works within Illy.

if you have Corel, I know a few designers who design in Illustrator and do their dimensioning in CorelDraw.

Attachments

• S101-CAD-1.jpeg
    S101-CAD-1.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 233
  • S101-CAD-2.jpeg
    S101-CAD-2.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 213

joeyhalderman

Shoot me an email and I will send you a free dimensions script for illustrator that is decent. I will also echo that Flexi has an easy way to add dimensions to artwork. Or if you have Graphtec Studio Pro it’s almost identical to Flexi.

joey (at) theorygraphics (dot) com

depps74

Shoot me an email and I will send you a free dimensions script for illustrator that is decent. I will also echo that Flexi has an easy way to add dimensions to artwork. Or if you have Graphtec Studio Pro it’s almost identical to Flexi.

joey (at) theorygraphics (dot) com
HI Joey,

I've been using this for awhile. I'd love to adjust the line weight though. IS there a way to do that. I know you can adjust the color and size of the measure, but the lines are really thin and grouped to the measures so its a few clicks to increase just the line weight. any help mucho appreciated.