• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help proxy address for HP315 connectivity

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Comcast Xfinity anyone? I have my static IP address. The HP315 printer is hardwired into the modem. I go to print and in the middle of a print job that damn 61:09 code comes up. It was coming up before but it wasn't cancelling out my jobs. Last week, I contacted Xfinity because our internet was down...Printer was running but the rest of the internet to pull the jobs was having difficulty.
So now, Xfinity says that the internet is down. Apparently it all means different things. So, the internet can be up (like computers and cloud stuff), but the really "hard" stuff like the workload of a wide format printer is causing a problem.
DOES ANYONE have a work around? I have a car, an ambulance and a print run that need to be done.....NOW.

Thanks in advance.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
To make it more sturdy you can wire the printer straight to the RIP PC.
Or you can buy a basic router and connect your PC and printer to that, then that router to your modem.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Other option is to wire into a 5 port Network switch. That lets you tie into the network at all times even if your cable or internet takes a dump on ya. Those are inexpensive for a GB network.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with balstestrat except instead of a router, get a switch. The internet shouldn't have anything to do with your local network but from what I am understanding, you are using the modem as a router essentially? If so, getting a switch and plugging all of your local devices into it and then plugging the modem into it as well will allow all devices to work independent of each other so if the modem goes down you just lose internet but can still run the printer.

netsol

geneva, 2 things

the internet going out is ALWAYS DISRUPTIVE, unless the network doesn't see if (your printer and router don't have a gateway)

i am not saying to setup this way, it will cause more problems than it solves

first, i assume you are windows 10,

go to device manager> network adapters,> choose your adapter> properties, >power management > uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
You can solve this problem quite simply by simply buying a router for yourself. You may also need to replace the proxy servers. You can use resident proxy servers. A resident proxy server is an IP address issued by a real Internet provider from a certain city, region or state. Usually these addresses are given to homeowners, they are marked in the databases of regional Internet registries (IRR). When used correctly, requests from such addresses cannot be distinguished from requests from a real user. This will be a great solution. Try to find a residential proxy online.
So, I appreciate the advice. But, this was in December of 2020. The issue has been resolved. :)