• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PS to Flexi

Kelsey Adams

I have a file (see attached image) that I created in PS. I need to get it into Flexi so I can print and cut. I am have a very difficult time getting this to happen as all file types create a bitmap, but I need to be able to contour cut around text and images. Can anyone help me out? I even tried exporting to AI then to Flexi, but that didn't help. If someone wants the original file to convert, I will compensate them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bowling Shirt.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 212

Bert Wondervan

I have a file (see attached image) that I created in PS. I need to get it into Flexi so I can print and cut. I am have a very difficult time getting this to happen as all file types create a bitmap, but I need to be able to contour cut around text and images. Can anyone help me out? I even tried exporting to AI then to Flexi, but that didn't help. If someone wants the original file to convert, I will compensate them.

Thanks!
Save it OR export it from PS as a vector or PDF file and import it into FlexiSIGN.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.

Thanks!

You need vector-based paths resident in the artwork in order to do both a print and cut operation. That artwork is something I probably would have created within Adobe Illustrator since all of the shapes and lettering have hard edges and the bowling figures are filled with straight gradients.

Were the bowling figures originally vector-based elements? Or were they always pixel-based? If the answer is the latter you'll need to create vector paths around those shapes. The best results can be obtained by using Photoshop's Pen tool (as opposed to creating a selection of a figure and converting the selection into a path). You'll end up with a set of vector paths that can be seen in the paths palette. "Work paths" can be created from any active text elements. Work paths need to be "saved" into named paths (path 1, path 2 or whatever); creating a new work path will overwrite any existing work paths. All of that stuff can be exported in Adobe Illustrator format. I'll usually add a path the size of the entire image to all the other paths to help with registration when the original image and the exported paths are brought into another application, such as Flexi.

FactorDesign

This seems like something that would have been more easily designed in flexi in the first place, unless all you have is print.

I know in full flexisign you can import a photoshop PSD with transparency and then use the contour cut tool to generate a cut line. It won't be 100% precise, and you are left without any bleed, but it is a quick and dirty way to get it done. I'd never want to design print/cut graphics with photoshop as my starting point, unless I'm literally working with photographic images.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
First lesson in Graphic Design 101. Never, ever, design in a raster program!
Throw the file out and start fresh using the vector program of your choice..Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to recreate.

Master Graphics

Very easy process for this process. The key is to have a blank bottom layer in PS and save as a PDF. When you import/open it in Flexi just click just click on the contour cut option and it will place a cutline based on the whatever image you made. Simple, easy and fast. I do it all day long.

SheBeau

Or select what you want contour cut in PS. Save as Path/Clipping Path, then export path to AI.

Attachments

• PS path.png
    PS path.png
    292 KB · Views: 272